website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Apparently a whole bunch of Dutch tourists started leaving Istrian camps in panic once it was announced that Croatia will be entering the 'Dutch orange list' (meaning home quarantine would become mandatory for those returning from here).

Maybe @heywoodu knows some more details?

Ministry of Foreign Affairs about people already there: "Think carefully if your trip really is necessary. If it's not, it is strongly recommended not to stay there." Plus some people getting a bit mad on social media for the government declaring all of Croatia orange instead of specific regions (like they did for Spain and Portugal). "There's nothing going on here in Istria!", said one guy.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2341435-negatief-reisadvies-voor-kroatie-waar-vermoedelijk-duizenden-nederlanders-zijn.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs about people already there: "Think carefully if your trip really is necessary. If it's not, it is strongly recommended not to stay there." Plus some people getting a bit mad on social media for the government declaring all of Croatia orange instead of specific regions (like they did for Spain and Portugal). "There's nothing going on here in Istria!", said one guy.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2341435-negatief-reisadvies-voor-kroatie-waar-vermoedelijk-duizenden-nederlanders-zijn.html

Should have played safe & chosen the Belgian Riviera like me.  Was out today on the Knokke-De Panne tram, very busy.

I hate how excited/hopeful I am after reading this. There’s still so much that could prevent this vaccine from being deemed viable. It’s a good moral booster though.

I just hope we’re not rushing the trials for the sake of profit or being first. There’s a lot of assurances I need met before I take any vaccine developed in the US.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I hate how excited/hopeful I am after reading this. There’s still so much that could prevent this vaccine from being deemed viable. It’s a good moral booster though.

I just hope we’re not rushing the trials for the sake of profit or being first. There’s a lot of assurances I need met before I take any vaccine developed in the US.

I hope vaccine could be developed by the end of 2020 and make 2021 back to normal. Until now most news about vaccine I heard are positive ones, hope it will come true. BTW China are conducting phase 3 trial in UAE and Brazil meanwhile a small cluster of people like airline stewardess already took the unproved vaccine in practice.

highest number of death for Iran with 235 today :( and it's just getting worse. finally after 5 months Tehran province is declared today as "red zone",  my town is in red zone for more than a week though.

I'm convinced that probably alongside USA and Brazil we will be the last countries to solve this virus thing. (unless a vaccine changes things) guess what Iran, USA and Brazil have in common ? :facepalm:

and personally the worst news is my sister is showing symptoms, (still no confirmed test) and she was with me on Friday (probably the only mistake I made in past 5 months) and I'm coughing too. (well I cough a lot so it can be nothing but you know the power of mind) and I will quarantine myself completely to see what will happen. :wacko:

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

highest number of death for Iran with 235 today :( and it's just getting worse. finally after 5 months Tehran province is declared today as "red zone",  my town is in red zone for more than a week though.

I'm convinced that probably alongside USA and Brazil we will be the last countries to solve this virus thing. (unless a vaccine changes things) guess what Iran, USA and Brazil have in common ? :facepalm:

and personally the worst news is my sister is showing symptoms, (still no confirmed test) and she was with me on Friday (probably the only mistake I made in past 5 months) and I'm coughing too. (well I cough a lot so it can be nothing but you know the power of mind) and I will quarantine myself completely to see what will happen. :wacko:

Are you living with anyone else at the moment? It’s probably too late already, but if you are, you need to isolate yourself from them immediately.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Good luck, but please do not panic.  The odds are overwhelmingly in you & your sisters’ favour.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Are you living with anyone else at the moment? It’s probably too late already, but if you are, you need to isolate yourself from them immediately.

I moved in with my parents to make sure they don't have to leave the house that much since the start of the pandemic,  I moved back to my own place the moment I heard the news today. but my sister had some contacts with my parents too (not much but still) and I had lots of contacts with them in past few days. that's my biggest concern. they are still completely fine though.