website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Have managed to pay off a well-organized gang of professional people-smugglers & have escaped from Airstrip One

Am now holed up in a secret location in the land of bier & mossellen. :BEL.  The hotel TV remote control comes with a condom, which you are not supposed to take off.  Naturally, the first thing I did was to try to take it off.

The Presidents of Brazil, Honduras, and Bolivia have all tested positive for Covid-19.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

China customs found some Ecuadorian shrimp samples tested positive of coronavirus and stop 3 Ecuadorian shrimp companies import immediately. I guess the shrimp price will drop sharply just like salmon did last time. And authorities and people tend to believe this round of spike in Beijing is caused by some polluted imported food and the salmon is still the no.1 suspect.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

China customs found some Ecuadorian shrimp samples tested positive of coronavirus and stop 3 Ecuadorian shrimp companies import immediately. I guess the shrimp price will drop sharply just like salmon did last time. And authorities and people tend to believe this round of spike in Beijing is caused by some polluted imported food and the salmon is still the no.1 suspect.

meh!

I'm still eating salmon regularly (in all forms, roasted, smoked, raw -in sushi/sashimi) and I've not been infected...

and it's almost always the super-tasty Norwegian salmon (sometimes it's the wild red salmon from Alaska/Canadian Pacific though)...

I fear you have to search for new suspects (shrimps and crabs are also not a good option, as I'm eating regularly also those kind of sea foods -I love fish and sea food, if someone has not realized it yet :p :lol:)...

by the way, if there's something true in this article (sorry, it's only in Italian language, but with some help from google translate it should be understandable in any case), we (I mean, people living in Lombardy like me) have been really unlucky...

OK, we could have managed this sh*tstorm better, but getting double the threat all together must have been bad luck, too...:nopompom: :facepalm: :cry:

basically, the article says that in Lombardy 2 different families of covid-19 have co-existed during the worst days in February/March/early April (and still live here, of course)...

one originated from the South-East of our Region, the other from the North-East...meeting in the middle area (that could explain why in Milan we had the most cases and victims of the entire Italy)...

the only encouraging aspect of all this, it's the fact that the virus looks quite stable and doesn't have many mutations once it's settled in an area, which would mean that when we get a vaccine, it could be really effective, also in the long period...

https://milano.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/07/10/news/coronavirus_lombardia_san_matteo_pavia_niguarda_assalto_multiplo_ceppi_diversi-261538170/?ref=RHPPTP-BH-I261508546-C12-P9-S2.4-T1

1 hour ago, phelps said:

meh!

I'm still eating salmon regularly (in all forms, roasted, smoked, raw -in sushi/sashimi) and I've not been infected...

and it's almost always the super-tasty Norwegian salmon (sometimes it's the wild red salmon from Alaska/Canadian Pacific though)...

I fear you have to search for new suspects (shrimps and crabs are also not a good option, as I'm eating regularly also those kind of sea foods -I love fish and sea food, if someone has not realized it yet :p :lol:)...

It's very embarrassing for the government couldn't find the original source so someone/something has to take the blame. Sadly, salmon become that one.

All of my classes will be fully online for my fall semester. I prefer in-person instruction, since I actually enjoy learning and being around academia. However, I also enjoy not having Covid-19...so I’m very happy my college went this option.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela