website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

I don't want create an panic but it's fourth day a row with +100 deaths in Iran

There also are new cases in Iceland (3) and Montenegro (7). 

In :GER  today was the biggest number of new cases since 24th April with number of 1797 cases, there is note that: "Today's high increase in the number of new cases is due to 657 new positive cases registered in a slaughterhouse in the district of Gütersloh"

But even without this slaughterhouse it's still above 1000 first time from 8th May.

And just two days ago EU reopen their borders. It doesn't look good at all

This is what I read today in the Hungarian economic/financial press (the only kind of press, apart from sport and tech, which I read in Hungarian but they report a lot about Covid):

- After winning the Italian Cup, there was a big celebration in Naples, apparently disregarding the Covid security rules

- An Italian guy from the WHO went angry on Italian television, denouncing the above mentioned celebration

- First time since 7 April, the No. of people in Intensive care units increased instead of falling

For our posters from Italy: is this true? Do you think that the situation in Italy can worsen again?

Plus: Slovenia reinstated the 14 day quarantine for travellers coming from Serbia, B-H, and Kosovo on account of the growth of imported cases from these countries

18 hours ago, rybak said:

I don't want create an panic but it's fourth day a row with +100 deaths in Iran

There also are new cases in Iceland (3) and Montenegro (7). 

In :GER  today was the biggest number of new cases since 24th April with number of 1797 cases, there is note that: "Today's high increase in the number of new cases is due to 657 new positive cases registered in a slaughterhouse in the district of Gütersloh"

But even without this slaughterhouse it's still above 1000 first time from 8th May.

And just two days ago EU reopen their borders. It doesn't look good at all

657 new positive cases in a slaughterhouse? That sounds a bit....ominous :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dharang said:

- After winning the Italian Cup, there was a big celebration in Naples, apparently disregarding the Covid security rules

- An Italian guy from the WHO went angry on Italian television, denouncing the above mentioned celebration

- First time since 7 April, the No. of people in Intensive care units increased instead of falling

This is all true, but it is impossible the third sentence is related to the first two :lol:

ICU numbers are very low right now, I don't think an increase of 5 unites in a day is worrying if the trend will not be confirmed in the next days.

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

This is all true, but it is impossible the third sentence is related to the first two :lol:

ICU numbers are very low right now, I don't think an increase of 5 unites in a day is worrying if the trend will not be confirmed in the next days.

Sorry, did not imply any connection (the article didnt do it either)

Hopefully the increase of ICU numbers is just temporary

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

55k new cases in Brazil only yesterday. :hairpull:

Record daily increase anywhere.

Sigh, not expecting flights from Brazil to be going to Europe (for regular people) anytime soon...as in, this year.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!