website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Really worrying to see so many people out there still so ignorant about the virus. They can even say lets enjoy ourselves while we still can and ignore the virus. It is getting tougher to get rid of this virus now. Seems like practially lots of people still enjoying themselves. :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, up and down said:

Really worrying to see so many people out there still so ignorant about the virus. They can even say lets enjoy ourselves while we still can and ignore the virus. It is getting tougher to get rid of this virus now. Seems like practially lots of people still enjoying themselves. :facepalm:

There's zero problem in enjoying yourself, just don't go and do it in groups and keep some distance:facepalm: 

I'm going for a run tomorrow, but here it's not very difficult to move a meter or so out of the way when passing someone.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Can we just sit back and think how freaking bizarre this all is by the way? Apart from some tiny local stuff, mostly in Africa and such, the entire world of sports has come to a crashing halt. God knows how many shops are being closed everywhere and so thousands and thousands of people are suddenly losing their jobs and their livelihoods. Huge amounts of people are suddenly discovering that working at home is actually quite possible, but also sometimes challenging. Dozens of countries (and more every day) - and yes, that includes some of the generally most 'free' countries there are - have placed bans of various strictness, sometimes even fines or worse, on non-family groups of more than two or three people walking together on the street! Absolutely packed highways are now largely empty, the biggest touristic hotspots are mostly deserted. Going to the supermarket is a thing to plan carefully, not to save yourself the effort of having to go too often, but to avoid getting among people too often, and when doing so, everyone is walking around each other as if it's some sort of worldwide game of 'don't touch me'.

All of this in a non-war period. It's just bizarre.

I would like to visit your country. Here it seems that everyone is walking directly into me and I'm one of the very few that is playing the dodging game. Just today someone brushed off my back three freaking times, because they couldn't put in the extra second of effort to walk around me. 

14 hours ago, dcro said:

I thought Slovakia only had +7 yesterday and +1 today. :p

But still 60 new measures? Are we missing something?

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What kind of measures did Slovakia not take yet? :yikes: 

14 hours ago, hckosice said:

Well, the numbers from the last 2 days are a bit confusing.

+7 from tomorrow was because they tested only the repatriated citizens in the special quarantine facilities,

that 1 single todays case is from the early morning tests session (only tests provided until 10 AM were counted in this session) so todays amount is not to take seriously, we don´t have the real todays results yet. they should be announced tomorrows morning before the crisis meeting will resume.

Now for the 60 measures. yes. The new PM who started his mandat yesterday as you know, ordered to every minister of his cabinet to come today to his first extraordinary crisis meeting as prime minister with ideas and measures to fight the spread of the virus in their own departmenets + himself want to present a couple of his ideas and measures. so that´s why there 60 new measures that are considered and negotiated in this meeting and since every one is solved separately, it last so long time that they have to continue the meeting tomorrow.

Sooo, here are the fresh Updates

First, All new Confirmed cases will be announced now only once per day the next morning around 09:00. Like this morning they unveiled the amount of cases from yesterday 19.

So 204 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+19 Yesterday)

Todays cases will be announced tomorrow morning around 9 AM

Current graph

Spoiler

image.png

and now the new measures and regulations. :evil:

out of the 60 measures proposed, the Government with the Crisis Staff approved 40. I´ll not write all of them, I´ll pick just the most important regulations by which the state wants to combat the spread of the coronavirus. Several of them concern the old peoples, who are today the most vulnerable group of people,

• for example the shops, supermarkets etc.. will be open between 9:00 and 12:00 only for the +65 years old persons, Younger peoples will not be allowed to enter the stores during this period (except necessary accompaniment but only a minimum number)
  • Seniors should not leave the house outside this period and should not travel by train.
  • Masks are now mandatory for all people to wear everywhere !!! Until now they were mandatory only in the public transport vehicles, stores and offices from now it´s obligatory as soon as you leave the house you must have a mask covering your mouth and nose.
  • Before entering hospitals and factories, everyones temperature will be measured.
  • Every Sunday All Food and drugstore shops will be closed in order to have Sanitary day.
  • Since the previous measures remains valid, All Schools, All sport event, Cultural, Social or Religious events remains closed until further notice. The state ordered the National radio and TV broadcaster RTVS to broadcast every day at 18:00 a mass on its second channel RTVS 2, also a sort of universal "online school" will be broadcasted every morning.
  • there will be no written examinations this year, oral examinations will take place two weeks after the eventual opening of schools.

and many others

Why is broadcasting some religious thing every day something that has to be ordered by the state? :d 

If these measures would ever come here, I'm happy we have a pretty big garden where of course it's safe to walk around without masks or people touching you and stuff :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 March: +534 cases, +30 deaths
21 March: +637 cases, +30 deaths
22 March: +573 cases, +43 deaths
23 March: +545 cases, +34 deaths

Seems like we had reached some sort of a peak, although only a few days are of course not much of a sample to draw conclusions on.

Spoiler

Today: +811 cases, +63 deaths. Yikes.

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why is broadcasting some religious thing every day something that has to be ordered by the state? :d

If these measures would ever come here, I'm happy we have a pretty big garden where of course it's safe to walk around without masks or people touching you and stuff :p

well because even if it is state television, RTVS still has its own program structure with some more or less popular shows schedulled at that required time, now the state ordered them that every evening 18:00 they must broadcast a Mass.

Wait a couple of days, it will come itself ;)

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well because even if it is state television, RTVS still has its own program structure with some more or less popular shows schedulled at that required time, now the state ordered them that every evening 18:00 they must broadcast a Mass.

Wait a couple of days, it will come itself ;)

Yeah but I mean, why a mass? What's the point of broadcasting a mass every day? :p 

I don't know what exactly will come itself, but being obligated to wear a face mask as soon as you leave your garden probably isn't one of the things. Even if it is, I barely have to leave it anyway and like I said, we've got a garden that's big enough to entertain ourselves relatively freely (without masks or whatever, since it's our private ground) and get some exercise in if needed (I could run back and forth for a good while, or we play badminton :d ). Of course it would be way harder if you don't have a garden and/or live in an appartment or something.

Edited by heywoodu