website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 hour ago, konig said:

Im really sory to read that, i know what is having gastric problems for stress.....and your "stress situation" is worse than all i lived.

yeah, actually my problems didn't come originally (only) because of stressful situations...it's more complicated...

luckily I could at least improve my situation with treatments and medicines, but first my mom's health troubles (breast cancer in 2011 and leukemia in 2015, then she died in 2017) and now this experience for sure are not helping me at all...

SVK Updates

New NR for :SVK   with 41 new confirmed cases :(

So 174 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+41 Today !!!)

the state is gradually repatriating our citizens living abroad. a special plane with our citizens living and working in the UK landed last night in our empty airport, several buses with Slovaks from the Netherlands, Germany or France arrived during last days as well.

all now are placed to the mandatory 14-day quarantine in special state facilities across the country.

Another special governement plane is schedulled for Wednesday to bring our citizens wanting to return home from the USA

The repatriation is held under strict hygienic conditions, the pasengers are immediatelly transported by bus to the national quarantine facility

90534484_3676792469060012_86132625393644

90470010_3676793392393253_27383227439246

90464242_3676796472392945_91304037116364

Today was also the first day of the new government, After signing various inaugural mandatory contracts, treaties and resolutions to the hands of the president of the Republic Zuzana Čaputová the new cabinet already announced new measures and regulations to fight the spread will be presented soon. and the currenty fight against the virus will be the clear main point of the new governement actually.

Good Luck ! :fingers:

6189128_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6189061_1000x.jpeg?rev=3

6189178_1000x.jpeg?rev=4

Meanwhile the country is still in ghost mode,

Saturday and basically empty streets

6177961_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6178156_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6178151_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6178150_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6178148_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6178155_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Anyone who says "we found a vaccine" this fast is lying, that one's easy (but I didn't read anything where they actually claimed that).

And it is perfectly possible to think at that early stage they couldn't prove human-to-human transmission (yet).

it's not so obvious...

someone might well have found a vaccine, but the real problem is that normally 12/18 months are needed to have all the necessary tests to be completed before it's made available to the public...

so, even if they already found a vaccine, we won't have any chance to use it at least until mid-/late 2021, which is what is more scary about the next months

p.s. it looks that the German group CureVacc has actually found something that might lead to an effective vaccine, otherwise it wouldn't make sense all the attempt of most of the "big pharma" companies to get access to those studies...

luckily, the EU optioned those studies for 80 millions € to make them public for free, not to have any risk that any speculator from those pharma companies would try to buy and sell the final product at a scandalous price...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's not so obvious...

someone might well have found a vaccine, but the real problem is that normally 12/18 months are needed to have all the necessary tests to be completed before it's made available to the public...

so, even if they already found a vaccine, we won't have any chance to use it at least until mid-/late 2021, which is what is more scary about the next months

p.s. it looks that the German group CureVacc has actually found something that might lead to an effective vaccine, otherwise it wouldn't make sense all the attempt of most of the "big pharma" companies to get access to those studies...

luckily, the EU optioned those studies for 80 millions € to make them public for free, not to have any risk that any speculator from those pharma companies would try to buy and sell the final product at a scandalous price...

Right, I should have said 'a workable vaccine'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The only positive side about Corona is that air is less polluted,  there's much less noise, people finally started to care about their personal clean less to be humans simply and not trying to harm environment more, it could have been much better if world from a month ago took these steps and all people around world just stayed at home for 2 weeks 

1 hour ago, rybak said:

I don't see North Korea there :dunno: 

Yesterday 18 cases had :PAR and :COD

Some english language media didnt include them in the list of countries without COVID, plus i made a mistake thinking that DRC is North Korea. They are actually PRK.

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Today Conte (italian frist minister( sill do a press release. There are rumors of a strict lockdown

Lombardy and Piedmont have already announced a stricter lockdown (until april 15th and april 3rd respectively)...

here in Lombardy only pharmacies, supermarkets and newsstands will continue to be available to the audience (but with stricter norms about the distance between the people in line waiting their turn to buy what they need)...

full stop for any outdoor sport activity (even if you're alone)...