website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This just in! I’m surrounded by a country of idiots. I mean seriously, how uneducated is our population? How dumb do you have to be to think we’ve handled this well?

Good luck to America. If Donald trump is elected as the president for a second term means goodbye and disasters.

One of the currently most popular Czech bands released a video clip and song - Dej si rouško - Wear a mask !

within the project we wear a mask - I protect you and you protect me

Translated Lyrics in English

Spoiler

I met an elderly lady behind the counter in the store
She tells me, sir, what you have ? it won't help you anyway
That rag over your mouth just scares me
It's the end of the world no one can help us anymore

So I said her...

A mask, wear a mask
don't be shy, you protect me, and I protect you
A mask, wear a mask
Think also for others and not just about yourself

Where am I supposed to take the mask?
When the world is missing them everywhere

So sew it yourself at home
After all, in the Japanese Sea
Fish also worn them
After all, in the Japanese Sea
they are also worn by fish
Fish also worn them

A mask, wear a mask
Think of others and not just yourself
A mask, wear a mask
A mask, wear a mask

Jééé
Or a respirator

Food delivery apps now offer 'no contact delivery' option, which it means they just put your food in front of the doorstep.

Meanwhile I had a package delivery which is stuck in a drop point located 3 km from my house for 2 days, people normally would be mad (the delivery service is infamous for being slow) but this time I just assume they are overwhelmed and I tried not to complain.

16 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

pubic transport

Too much information.... :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Over 3300 new cases and 230 new deaths in Spain....a country that doesn't have 1 daily update, but a few updates during the day and this is only the first one for today. Damn.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

There is something I do not understand:

Croatia (168 cases according to worldometer) from tomorrow shuts down intercity public transport, Serbia (148 cases) did it already + nightly curfew enforced by their army

Italy in recent restriction prohibited visiting public parks and playgrounds . Surprised really that it did not so already (here the playground in the corner of the street I live in is cordoned off since Monday this week, and we had about ~110 cases).

Why there are not even more stringent controls in Italy? Does it have to do with the division of competences between the central government and the regional government?