website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

and this is basically the intention of this regulation, everyone knows that this is not 100% protection, far of it, but can help to slow down the spread of the virus.

masks don't help yourself but help others if you are infected. so it's not a bad idea

but I think for most people as heywoodu said it's about just feeling safe. I can say here half people are wearing masks all the time. while some of them are not careful about other things ,for example touching that mask with unwashed hands ! :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

And already a second as well, I read (on Revista Fórum, but I don't have the exact link anymore).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

All borders closed (in the Netherlands, I'm assuming that'll be the case for all of the EU) for people from outside the EU. That ain't fun.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

sorry but was about time...

It makes literally zero difference though. To try and contain the spread at least inside the country, they should have completely closed borders for people coming out of the then affected areas, specifically Wuhan/Hubei/China, Iran, South Korea and Italy. Blocking people from Ecuador or Burundi, for example, makes zero difference considering they'd be coming into a more affected area instead of bringing something into a less affected area.

Edited by heywoodu

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

All borders closed (in the Netherlands, I'm assuming that'll be the case for all of the EU) for people from outside the EU. That ain't fun.

No Corona baby boom for you :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

First 2 cases in Montenegro :(

I came here to post "the only country in Europe where closing all borders would actually make sense now is Montenegro". Dude.

Just now, heywoodu said:

I came here to post "the only country in Europe where closing all borders would actually make sense now is Montenegro". Dude.

Crazy indeed. We did all we could but it was inevitable. 

I was expecting this scenario from January.