website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

20 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-us-panic-buying-guns-ammo-nra-a9403886.html

Don't worry about corona virus any longer folks..... America is now well armed ?

Americans are hoarding weapons and the dutch are storming to the coffee shops ;) Right @heywoodu?

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Well. Less than a month ago it was american politicians calling it a leak from Wuhan biological laboratory. Doesn't help the slightest, but it has been going both ways (even saw the idea of it being american back when it was still pretty much only in China)

It's sad that some people use it for political purpose, but some things never change.

Yes you are right.

Just now, Agger said:

Americans are hoarding weapons and the dutch are storming to the coffee shops ;) Right @heywoodu?

They were to try and get their stuff before Sunday's sudden 18.00 closure :d 

The very next day, coffee shops were allowed to sell their stuff through sort of windows, one by one, because the obvious would happen within hours of closure: illegal street dealers - which poses quite a risk - selling their stuff very easily.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Have there been many reports of looting in your countries yet, by the way? Not here yet, but if things are actually closed down more (like shops and such), I am 100% expecting shops to be broken into and looted by youth..

The only cases I've heard of are the worst: A couple of hospitals have had hand sanitizers and masks stolen :( Most hospitals are now locking most doors and have security personnel stationed by the entrance.

I'm really not in favor of death penalty, but believe me... I have thought of that idea in these cases

31 minutes ago, Agger said:

Well. Less than a month ago it was american politicians calling it a leak from Wuhan biological laboratory. Doesn't help the slightest, but it has been going both ways (even saw the idea of it being american back when it was still pretty much only in China)

It's sad that some people use it for political purpose, but some things never change.

Haha, for both sides of these kind of news, no one actually take it seriously. I just rolled my eyes and move on. Apparently enough that Chinese official just want to satirize the American politician as the humorous same way.

12 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Are there any reliable reports about possible consequences on respiratory system among recovered cases?

you have to search for consequences of interstitial pneumonia, which is what makes this virus si scary and dangerous...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_interstitial_pneumonitis

http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/lungnontumoracuteinterstitialp.html

Both UK and Sweden are starting to change their responses towards what most other countries do and even Trump seems to be starting to get how serious it is. Let's hope that it's not too late (though I wouldn't mind if people remember their response).

A good news hopefully comfort the anxiety.

The joint vaccine development of a Chinese biotech company and the army made a breakthrough today. They received the permit to conduct clinical trials and begin to publicly recruit volunteers. Also they claimed ready for mass production.

The company is CanSino Biologists which is a Hong Kong listed company. It’s supposed to publish any breakthrough made to the public.

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

This is the strangest St.Patrick's Day I can recall.... no parades, no pubs open, no parties, no celebrations. Screw you corona virus :(

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, nonetheless. :IRL

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.