website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Il y a 2 heures, rybak a dit :

:FRA is going to be totally lock down from tomorrow for at least 15 days, accoridng media after Macron's speech.

Not totally, most business will not close down, and people who can't work at home are still excepted to turn in tomorrow at work. Most public transport are still on (albeit on limited capacity), etc.

And most important thing, we still can walk our dogs out. I've just ordered a plastic one from Amazon. Hope it will works ok with the cops :fingers:

17 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Are there any reliable reports about possible consequences on respiratory system among recovered cases?

I've only seen a single comment about some small-scale testing in Hong Kong (I believe) where it was said that some showed 20-30 % decrease in lung capacity. But I think it would be too early to say anything certain. Could be short-term.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

The term "group immunity" is introduced by Boris in Chinese media. And the media interpret it as first 60%-70% people infected and then gradually stop spread by huge amounts of antibody. If I understand it correctly, those vulnerable are already dead during this process, only those strong enough are left, more like an evolution process. On the other hand, during this process say 50% people infected with 15% are in critical condition, that means 7.5% population or 5 million people in UK need beds and medics. It's obviously over capacity. Can't imagine the picture like that.

So based on the interpretation above, Chinese media criticize countries trying to adopt "group immunity” are irresponsible and cruel. I am sure if I am misled by media and also I am curious about foreigners' opinion on it.

Of course this is combined with protecting the vulnerable people (meaning, they should definitely stay at home, and the less vulnerable should step up their game to try and help them out). 

Like I said, every way to try and fight it has its pros and cons. A super strict lockdown for everyone has the extra risk of the virus basically lingering somewhere quietly and hitting back stronger once the lockdowns are lifted.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, phelps said:

group immunity can't exist without most people having already taken a vaccine against that disease...

it's the basic principle behind this theory, which is the leading theory and option for well know viruses we have a vaccine available for...

but for unknown / still without an effective medicine to fight against kind of sickness, it's just like playing the russian roulette...:evil: :pope: :facepalm: :wall:

Well, like every decision it is based largely on what experts (people who've studied this stuff - viruses - for decades) say. Every 'solution' is going to have big effects in terms of deaths caused by the virus itself and damage (and potentially deaths) because of the economic impact. One has to find a balance and it's just way too early to say which 'solution' is actually the best.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 2 minutes, heywoodu a dit :

Of course this is combined with protecting the vulnerable people (meaning, they should definitely stay at home, and the less vulnerable should step up their game to try and help them out). 

Like I said, every way to try and fight it has its pros and cons. A super strict lockdown for everyone has the extra risk of the virus basically lingering somewhere quietly and hitting back stronger once the lockdowns are lifted.

With half the globe going for the herd thing, it kinda means that the other half is fucked (and that there will be no #Tokyo2020 also)

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

With half the globe going for the herd thing, it kinda means that the other half is fucked (and that there will be no #Tokyo2020 also)

So the other half can go for it too :p