website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Corona now has almost triple the amount of victims that SARS had.

SARS was corona too :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's not really relevant, is it? :p

Not in this case :d It is when media misuses the terms all the time which sadly and annoyingly they do (at least here) by all the time going "the coronavirus this" and "the coronavirus that" instead of actually mentioning the virus and/or disease :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Those people may be infected with that Brazilian yaravirus that only infects amoeba :p

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I read somewhere they are building a highway there and there's quite a lot of Chinese workers working on it. Now obviously I think you might know more about that than most non-Iranians, so: any word on that?

I know they are building another highway between Qom and Tehran (maybe it's done already ?! I didn't travel that path to see that myself) but not sure about Chinese workers, in Iran they mostly use Afghan workers because of being cheap.

googled about it and found nothing. so I guess the correct answer is "I don't know" that's possible but kind of unlikely.

The number of announced cases in Italy has almost been rising with the hour today :yikes:

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I read somewhere they are building a highway there and there's quite a lot of Chinese workers working on it. Now obviously I think you might know more about that than most non-Iranians, so: any word on that?

it seems what you read was indeed correct, there are Chinese workers in Qom (very surprising for me) and they are presumed to be the source !

on Tuesday Corona didn't exist in Iran (according to officials on that day), it was 5 cases on Thursday morning and 18 on Friday ! (4 death already) :facepalm: 11 of them in Qom but other 7 are also related to Qom.

and two Iranians traveling to Canada and Lebanon are also confirmed to be sick  :wacko: