website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, they are known to have massive product placement in the Fast & Furious franchise. :lol: I don't think having their name associated with deadly virus is very flattering. :p

I hadn't even associated 'corona' with beer at all until some jokes started popping up, so it worked for at least one person :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

43 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Same here. In my whole life I only know 3 beer brands: Bintang, Heineken, and Guinness.

Don’t know Bintang, but the other two are well-known in the US. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

China being China.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So the coronavirus finally came to Iran, already with causalities, 5 confirmed, 2 of them already dead :(

and it came from the city of Qom ! (the last place you would expect) it seems here in Iran all bad/terrible things come from that city :wall:  they shot down the schools and other things in the town. still there will be parliament election tomorrow at the worst possible time ! (even though most people are going to boycott that election nationwide but still not in that pro-regime town)

and from the reactions I saw today it seems fear is worse than the virus itself. :facepalm: 

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

So the coronavirus finally came to Iran, already with causalities, 5 confirmed, 2 of them already dead :(

and it came from the city of Qom ! (the last place you would expect) it seems here in Iran all bad/terrible things come from that city :wall:  they shot down the schools and other things in the town. still there will be parliament election tomorrow at the worst possible time ! (even though most people are going to boycott that election nationwide but still not in that pro-regime town)

and from the reactions I saw today it seems fear is worse than the virus itself. :facepalm: 

I also saw the news today. Is it clear how people got infected? Qom doesn't seem to have any connection with China.

59 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I also saw the news today. Is it clear how people got infected? Qom doesn't seem to have any connection with China.

no, at least we know none of those 5 confirmed cases ever traveled to China which means the situation is more serious. and Qom has no connection with any other places ! the last place in the world a Chinese tourist wants to visit. that's a sure thing Qom is not the source of Corona in Iran, that's somewhere else we just don't know that yet ! :wacko: there are two other suspected cases in other cities (one in Tehran) but right now only Qom is in red situation, but I can see even in my own town people are lining in pharmacies to buy face masks ! :facepalm:

Edited by MHSN

13 hours ago, MHSN said:

no, at least we know none of those 5 confirmed cases ever traveled to China which means the situation is more serious. and Qom has no connection with any other places ! the last place in the world a Chinese tourist wants to visit. that's a sure thing Qom is not the source of Corona in Iran, that's somewhere else we just don't know that yet ! :wacko: there are two other suspected cases in other cities (one in Tehran) but right now only Qom is in red situation, but I can see even in my own town people are lining in pharmacies to buy face masks ! :facepalm:

I read somewhere they are building a highway there and there's quite a lot of Chinese workers working on it. Now obviously I think you might know more about that than most non-Iranians, so: any word on that?

Shit is hitting the fan. First Korea, Japan, Iran all having active clusters of the disease now.

Here’s an article on the situation in Korea:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

And considering one can expect both Japan and South Korea to have a significantly better system in place in terms of things like testing, it's pretty easy to think things may be way worse in for example Thailand, which is one of the main countries for Chinese tourists - more so than Japan and especially South Korea, according to statistics.