website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Looks like deaths in USA will reach 700,000 soon. I think they can't afford closing there economy again because of the risk of collapse. Same in my country, our economy is not that strong so we have to open. 

Kudos to other countries with strong economy and vaccination campaign like China and New Zealand. I hope my country can be like them too in the future.

6 minutes ago, opruh said:

2000+ daily deaths in the USA for weeks now. What is the government even doing there?

Most state governments (where most of the police and public health powers lie) are doing basically nothing. Certainly the case where I live (Texas).

Most people are masking indoors again, but I live in a big city and that's definitively not the case across the state. Between the third and fourth waves there was virtually no masking at all anywhere (I also visited Florida in that period and there was essentially no mask in sight).

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

What's frustrating is that we have vaccines available *everywhere* for free. You don't even need to book an appointment, you just show up and they stick a needle in your arm.

This, at least in the Philippines a lot are willing to get vaccinated and it's free, only problem is supply maybe.

Got my second dose yesterday… As of now only about 25% of the Indonesian population had received at least one dose.

Vaccine information is a bit messy in Indonesia, we are obliged to download a tracking app which doubles as vaccine registration app called “PL”. The problem is, the app is super slow and many data error (no vaccination data for some people who are already vaccinated - which means you can’t go to many places).

And the government forgets that not everyone has a smartphone, so a poor vaccinated guy still can’t go anywhere :wacko:(technically you can print the vaccination card but in many cases no app = no entry)

On 9/10/2021 at 7:50 PM, LuizGuilherme said:

Things here are finally better.

Thanks God antivaxers in Brazil are a insignificant percentage of the population. I hope that by the end of november we gonna have more than 90% of the population fully vaccinated.

Wow, I honestly hadn't expected Brazil to have a chance of reaching 90% before we do, considering the way it was only a short while ago :yikes: 

The Netherlands is at barely 80% and it's not going up so fast anymore. My town is the national number one (by a huge margin) in terms of new cases per capita by the way, largely thanks to this being a very Christian town (and so vaccinations being less welcome). Not surprisingly, the small superstrictly Christian town a few kilometers away, also part of the administrative reach of my town, is the main source of all this, with barely 30% vaccinated. Combine that with their usually large families and close contacts and there you go.

And to make it better, our mayor (member of the superstrict Christian party) came up with a statement a week or two ago to tell everyone to get vaccinated. Great, but one detail: he isn't and won't be vaccinated, 'because that would put me on an emotional crossroads' :facepalm: 

But in general things aren't going that bad. It's a bit annoying that we will get a pass in two weeks, meaning you need to either have proof of vaccination or negative testing before even getting into a restaurant, like other nations had for a long while and are starting to be done with it, but sure :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, I honestly hadn't expected Brazil to have a chance of reaching 90% before we do, considering the way it was only a short while ago :yikes: 

We have a saying here that is something like " For freee even a ferehead injection" and looks like its really happening lol.

And ppl loves to share things on Instagram, so, everyone wantos to be vaccinated to show the picture there. :p

Actually we have a great system of vaccination for all kind of diseases and antivaxers here are just a insignificant number of idiots