website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

5 hours ago, rybak said:

:CHN China noted today first death due Covid-19 in eight months.

Also a few of northern cities back to sealed off, provincial boarder roadblock back to stage. The most import thing is that government urge people not go back to hometown for Chinese new year with a potential and unclear compulsory quarantine. I bought return tickets already and also ready to be forced cancel my trip anytime.:facepalm:

My experience told me this extremely cunning virus can only be controlled by vaccine or herd immunity. Manpower can hardly contain it by all means of  intervence.

34 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Also a few of northern cities back to sealed off, provincial boarder roadblock back to stage. The most import thing is that government urge people not go back to hometown for Chinese new year with a potential and unclear compulsory quarantine. I bought return tickets already and also ready to be forced cancel my trip anytime.:facepalm:

My experience told me this extremely cunning virus can only be controlled by vaccine or herd immunity. Manpower can hardly contain it by all means of  intervence.

That's bad that you won't be able to spend Chinese New Year with ones which you would want. I experienced the same thing when I spend Christmas without my granparents first time ever, I saw them only via Skype and that was only way to wish them all the best in upcoming year. Same thing was at New Year when here was curfew and we couldn't even shoot fireworks.... That's was awful. But we can do nothing for now....

I'm also hoping that all those vaccines will be effective, whole my family will be vaccinated as soon as possible and we will able to meet each other again and spend Easter and other holidays together next time. But is still long way as for now just medical staff gets their vaccines and from 25th January +80yo people will be next in order.

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

Japan bought 60 million doses from Astrazeneca and they will arrive by February. Yet some people in this forum are sure the games will be cancelled :coffee:

Exactly! Vaccinations begins tomorrow in India and we aim to vaccinate 300 million people by July so even with lesser workforce japan just needs to vaccinate 123 million and if they vaccinate even 25 million in worst possible scenario - including health care and entire of Tokyo Population I bet everyone in Tokyo will vote for games to be held 

6 hours ago, LDOG said:

Japan bought 60 million doses from Astrazeneca and they will arrive by February. Yet some people in this forum are sure the games will be cancelled :coffee:

As if that's the final obstacle...

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/this-is-the-most-anti-vaxxer-country-in-the-world-2019-06-19

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

You don't need to vaccinate every single person to end a pandemic. Those percentages are still insignificant for this purpose.

15 minutes ago, LDOG said:

You don't need to vaccinate every single person to end a pandemic. Those percentages are still insignificant for this purpose.

If (in theory) only about 35 % of the Japanese population decided to get vaccinated, it would be nowhere enough. Btw even without those extra 60 million doses, Japan would be set to get plenty. According to Bloomberg, 120 % of the population is covered. It's not quite Canada and UK who are set to be able to vaccinate everybody 3 times while the EU is at 183 %.

But one thing is the hosts, most athletes are afterall from other countries.

A new political party formed in Hungary for the "COVID is a hoax" crowd, it's called Normal Life Party. We don't have an official polling yet, but they must have a measurable support because they are as active on Facebook as any of the major Hungarian parties, if not more. Experts say that both left and right-wing populists are expected to support them to some extent, might even be enough to reach the 5% threshold for the Parliament if the situation gets worse in Hungary.