website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m just second guessing every comment I make right now. It was just a snarky comment about how some people in the US don’t believe that vaccines work.

It’s not that vaccines don’t work, or that Americans are stupid.  It’s that a vaccine is in itself dangerous to a certain percentage because a vaccine is not a cost-free option. There is always a risk.  People die from allergic reactions to vaccines. At one time I used to get cholera vaccinated twice a year, & I was always a little ill afterwards.  I knew plenty people who got it worse.

If you are in a low-risk group for COVID, it’s perfectly possible in theory that a vaccine is statistically a bigger risk.  There just has not been enough scientific work done, and we won’t find out what the true risks are for several years.  We are already being told that pregnant women should not take it.

21 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Well, believes in a science and has millions in the Gulag.

Yep while other's dont believe in science and has millions that will die due to covid. (Well death toll already passed the million mark in the west). 

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I just hope people won't think it's now just a matter of using vaccinations and two weeks later it's all done :p Because that's not how it works :d 

Of course not :d 

But things may getting better in next months, for sure.

Great, now the Dutch government not only requires a recent negative test before entering the country (which is of course fine), but it has to be in one of five specific languages :facepalm: 

English, French, Spanish, German or Dutch. Good luck getting a result in one of those languages in Brazil.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 16/11/2020 at 01:12, Fly_like_a_don said:

Except Delhi no state has experienced a second peak. Colleges and schools are opening across the country. Its 1 week to go for my college. All students and teachers have to submit covid 19 negative report before attending. 

Some colleges have gone with a successful biosecure bubble format where they are not allowed to leave the campus after test nor anyone can enter. Even teachers and non teaching staff are required to stay in campuses. 

Thanks for the updates.