website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I moved in with my parents to make sure they don't have to leave the house that much since the start of the pandemic,  I moved back to my own place the moment I heard the news today. but my sister had some contacts with my parents too (not much but still) and I had lots of contacts with them in past few days. that's my biggest concern. they are still completely fine though.

it is mysterious.  My mother had it - five weeks in hospital, recovered - but neither me, my father, my brother or my sister-in-law got it even although we were in contact for several days.

11 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

it is mysterious.  My mother had it - five weeks in hospital, recovered - but neither me, my father, my brother or my sister-in-law got it even although we were in contact for several days.

five weeks, wow. :yikes: I'm glad she is OK. I know it's really hard to deal with that when your loved ones are in danger.

yes we had the same situation here, I know at least two cases among my relatives that someone got infected but people living with him didn't get it.

Sadly all :IND:BRA:USA:JPN:PHI:VIE:AUS:ISR:POL:ROU:IRQ in past few days had their new "records" about number of new cases. We can see that ignoring social distancing and other restrictions have their consequences...

Also it seems that virus returns for good even in :CHN. Today there was 127 new cases, the biggest number of cases since March!

I think that we will see similar numbers or even biggers by next months, until there will be an vaccine or at least enough good cure.

It doesn't look good at all, in recent days 14 volleyball players from two Polish clubs, 3 players of men's ice hockey national team and one track & field athlete gets infected... If this trend will continue I fear that in max 2 weeks all sporting events in Poland will be cancelled/postponed again....

Things going in the wrong direction here in Denmark and especially in Aarhus where I live.

You need masks in the bus here in Aarhus meaning that shops are all out of them (though they do get new every day). Had my first one on today and have to say: I'm not liking it!

On 04/08/2020 at 19:30, rybak said:

Next record in Poland, 680 cases in one day...

imagine nothing happened

We in Great Britain are now obliged to wear a mask if we visit aquariums.  Not quite sure if this includes Chinese restaurants, or what happens if you have an aquarium at home.