website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

20 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

All of my classes will be fully online for my fall semester. I prefer in-person instruction, since I actually enjoy learning and being around academia. However, I also enjoy not having Covid-19...so I’m very happy my college went this option.

Same here though the labs are something being thought about 

18 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Same here though the labs are something being thought about 

My college’s lab classes are hybrid, meaning a mix of online and in-person. For in-person classes, the capacity is reduced and safety measures have to be followed. Luckily, I’m not a science major, so it’s not a problem :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

That's a micro-step forward, at best. :p

Three rounds of clinical testing are required, each with larger sample and each taking more time. And even if it still works after all that - it would still be far from over. 4+ billion doses would need to be produced (60% of population would need to receive it for it to become effective). Producing vaccines in such amounts is completely unheard off. Let's not forget about the whole political angle, either.

#banbestmen

20 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

My college’s lab classes are hybrid, meaning a mix of online and in-person. For in-person classes, the capacity is reduced and safety measures have to be followed. Luckily, I’m not a science major, so it’s not a problem :p

Conversely a problem here, preparing medications, antibiotic testing, assay of drugs and especially animal  experiments not possible online. And the lockdown is going to start soon here, had been good till now but with cases coming up a complete travel ban unless you are unwell travelling to clinic or hospital or bringing very essesntial food items.  

The longest running daily soap in India returned and instantly became viral  across social media as actors and  actressess wore face shield and masks in all scenes . While many are wearing between shoots, the makers here decided to use them throughout the episode. 

IMG_20200715_205724.jpg

From today on, Hungary introduced the red-yellow-green list system already in place for several European countries.

For the countries on the green list, no additional restrictions are in place (most EU countries and Switzerland)

For the countries on the yellow list the entry of local and foreign citizens is permitted subject to quarantine or 2 negative tests from the last 5 days (from the EU Portugal, Sweden, Romania, Bulgaria + the UK are in this category)

For the countries on the red list the entry of foreign citizens is not permitted, for the entry of local citizens the conditions of the previous category apply (in Europe most of the Western Balkan countries, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus)

Apparently a whole bunch of Dutch tourists started leaving Istrian camps in panic once it was announced that Croatia will be entering the 'Dutch orange list' (meaning home quarantine would become mandatory for those returning from here).

Maybe @heywoodu knows some more details?

#banbestmen