website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Hopefully we all can certainly agree that indoor bars, clubs and parties did not help in the US. Even Fauci pointed out that as one of the main vector of transmission of Covid-19.

The major of Belgrade, Serbia, announced new emergency measures, among them to close indoor-only clubs and bars between 23.00 and 06.00

The major specifically said that the majority of new infections in Belgrade can be traced to this kind of venues.

Regarding the US, you know they are in deep sh*t when even Trump start to say that the masks are not so bad after all, the Gov of Texas starts to require masks for their citizens, (and gets panned for it from his own ultra-partisan simpatizers) and Florida Gov Ron "open for business" DeSantis warns people to avoid crowds, etc.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/texas-conservatives-lose-their-minds-after-gop-gov-greg-abbott-mandates-masks-in-public/

15 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Woohoo, am officially, legally going to :BEL, next week - with a brief transit via :NED.  Hope they haven’t drunk all the Westvleteren 12°…

Have had to change my plans as :NED does not want people from the plague pit that is :GBR on their sacred soil, so I have to go on the Eurostar via :FRA.  Will be playing Waterloo by ABBA on repeat until the train gets from Calais to past Lille.

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Has Yemen invented reusable tests or something? They have 1200 confirmed cases from 120 tests. :)

I think it's safe to say we'd be better off just not having any numbers from the likes of Yemen or Sudan.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Things are getting worse and worse here, and we are back to square 1 like February/March :cry: with almost 150 deaths per day with more than 2500 infected. and that's just the official number. who knows what's the true number. and exactly like 4 months ago everyday we hear news about famous people getting infected too, celebrities, athletes, politicians.

from today wearing mask is mandatory ! (even though I don't know how they are going to "force" people into that) , 7 provinces are in critical situation and 7 more (including where I live and also Tehran where I travel regularly) are almost in critical situation ! :cry: and that means half the country, we have 28 provinces.

while to be honest I don't care much about the politicians (well except only few of them) I do care a lot about our athletes, Iran football league started something like 10-12 days ago and now half players from those two teams played the first match are tested positive for coronavirus ! :facepalm: it will probably take few more days to hear the same thing about other 14 teams. (I hope I'm wrong though)

and last but not the least, one of our current top wrestlers is in critical situation  :cry: Hossein Nouri, 2017 world bronze medalist and 4 times Asian Champion. I don't know how bad is his situation but moving him to the best hospital in Tehran and to the ICU doesn't sound good. :(

From what I’ve seen today, U.S. is going to get worse before we get better :(

I live in a country of idiots :facepalm:

Then again, it seems like a growing number of countries are just giving up at this point.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’m now socially distancing myself from the other 3 family members I live with. My sister began volleyball practice last week (with 20 players + staff in the venue at least once), and my family decided it was a good idea to attend a party with two other families today :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Having fewer and fewer active cases is a possible sign that you're winning in Plague... :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!