website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

On 23/06/2020 at 20:23, rybak said:

:POL

Sixth day in a row in Poland we have more recoveries than new cases :yes 

Currently there is 13,579 active cases. 17,573 people fully recovered.

How does Poland have more than 13k active cases when Germany with far more cases overall has only 6k active cases?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 22/06/2020 at 01:41, Olympian1010 said:

Really worrying, especially because, as far as I know, the rate of positive tests is very high, which indicates that there are a lot of unreported cases. Surprisingly enough most people in Brazil and the US don’t seem to care.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 hours ago, dcro said:

That's funny. Starting tomorrow, wearing masks will once again be a requirement in public transport here. :p

Oh but the masks, which have been mandatory since 1 June, will remain mandatory :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh but the masks, which have been mandatory since 1 June, will remain mandatory :p 

Still a “personal choice” in many states outside of California. :wacko:

I have to admit that I’m not impressed with Californians though. We did so well early on, and we were one of the last states to begin opening. However, the entire seemed to all of sudden want to pretend this didn’t exist. I always know we’re in for shit when I’m the one modeling behavior :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Oh boy. 95 new cases today. Record since April 1st.

April 1st is actually the record, with 96 cases... Only this time there will not be a lockdown at all by the looks of things. Maybe only a fine for people going around without masks.

#banbestmen

Approaching another grim milestone: 10,000,000 cases and 500,000 deaths in a few days (right now 9.680 thousand and 488 thousand per worldometer)

45% of all covid deaths in the world only in three countries: USA, UK, and Brazil... :(

3 hours ago, dharang said:

45% of all covid deaths in the world only in three countries: USA, UK, and Brazil... :(

Three people I knew died, all three of then under the age of 40. They were very cautions and aware of the dangers of this virus, and they did everything they could not to be infected, but all the other morons who lived near them were not nearly as cautious.

I moved back to Rio de Janeiro, and while I'm happy to come back to my home place, I'm very, very, very surprised at how fearless everybody is. It's like they all want to die. I'm really angry at all the shitheads who live in Rio.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Three people I knew died, all three of then under the age of 40. They were very cautions and aware of the dangers of this virus, and they did everything they could not to be infected, but all the other morons who lived near them were not nearly as cautious.

I moved back to Rio de Janeiro, and while I'm happy to come back to my home place, I'm very, very, very surprised at how fearless everybody is. It's like they all want to die. I'm really angry at all the shitheads who live in Rio.

It’s the exact same in California. Everyone was careful from the beginning, but then summer came, and apparently we were all immune to Covid all of sudden, which I know isn’t true since our infection rate is rising again. I don’t get it honestly. People are so weak. I’m seriously disappointed in the Californians I love praising. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Please accept my condolences. Did they have any known preexisting condition?

Admittedly, here in HU the number of deaths is so low as it is probably not representative for the covid-19 disease as a whole but all but one of the few under-40 people here who died had known preexisting condition, making them more vulnerable to the disease.

"Discipline" seems to be slipping everywhere, though not in equal measure. Here the wearing of masks is still compulsory in public transport and shops, pharmacies, malls, etc. and it is generally complied with (without asking) but ppl seem to be less careful. Granted, right now there is not much community transmission but with the holiday season the number of imported cases will rise.

I think as an outsider, in the Western Balkans (Srb/Mac/Kos/BIH) there might be even more "irresponsibility". Djokovic's Adria Tour is a good example for that (I refer to how the organizers did organize it, and sometimes how common sense was disregarded). The tennis correspondent of the sports daily here penned an opinion piece calling out some specific instances of carelessness with that tournament (like the after game party for players)

But would be interested in hearing from the Croatian posters here what exactly happened (apart from the fact that several players were infected), and whether these allegations are true (I do not follow tennis that much, just read the articles in the local sport press about this event)