website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

3570 new cases today, more than any other day, all time high ! I won't be surprised if that reaches 4000 tomorrow or Saturday.

no surprise at all, social distancing is dead and buried . :wall:  COVID-19 is not on the headlines anymore, nobody cares and it seems almost everybody thinks this is over ! :yikes:  I'm very very disappointed in most of my friends, my relatives, even my own sister, most of them are highly educated but now I found out how irresponsible they are  :thumbdown:  I had been mocked by some of them for being "sissy" (aka responsible)

the death rate is still relatively low (what a shame to consider +50 deaths per day as low :( ) but we will see if that changes in a week or two with this new wave which is probably the second peak.

Hungarian media now reports (quoting minister of foreign affairs) that from tomorrow, border is open mutually between Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary for each other’s citizens, with no quarantine, no negative test requirement.

Big if true (and hopefully it does not lead to more Covid)

Yesterdays recap:

No new confirmed cases yesterday, 1832 tests provided during Thursday.

No new death for the 20th consecutive day and new 3 recovered patients.

Currently 119 Active cases registered in the country, 39 of them needs hospitalization, no one in intensive care beds and also currently still no one has to be under artificial lung ventilator.

So right now in Slovakia

1526 Confirmed Cases   (+0 Yesterday), 

1832 Tests Yesterday    (185596 in Total)

28 Deaths  (+0 Yesterday), 1379 Fully Recovered  (+3 Yesterday)

https://covid-19.nczisk.sk/en

As @dharang already mentioned the borders between :SVK:CZE:AUT and :HUN are now completely open for each other citizens without any control

6328343_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6328342_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

with the prime minister Igor Matovič and the Minister of the Interior symbolically tore up this morning in the Bratislava-Petržalka/Berg :SVK / :AUT biggest border the official request that had so far been necessary when you wanted to cross the borders into these countries.

6328355_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6328349_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

At the same time the president of the republic delivers her first-ever state of the republic address in the Slovak parliament of the coronavirus pandemic era

The pandemic has unveiled what is viable and what we can lay our trust in, and what barely survives and requires our utmost attention, President Zuzana Čaputová told MPs and the country on June 5, when she delivered her first-ever state of the republic address to the Parliament.

She went on listing what the country and its politicians and inhabitants have learned in the past few months, and what she believes should be the focus of public policies in the post-pandemic period. She stressed the need for economic measures, health care development, and drew attention to the challenges connected with the most vulnerable members of the society, along with climate change and the support for culture.

6328584_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

image.png

6328583_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

what is so significant and so special about year 2020?

1. It is the start of a new normal a new norm due to the virus. Virus spread to the whole world.

2. People aroudn the whole world must change their lifestyle and stay indoors to prevent being infected with the virus.

3. Wearing a face mask becomes mandatory.

How long will this pandemic last? No one knows. All the past virus we had 2 - 3 years to go off. So how long will this pandemic last? No one knows. However it is surely not showing any signs of slowing. All the different countries around the whole world are badly affected by the virus.

1 hour ago, up and down said:

what is so significant and so special about year 2020?

1. It is the start of a new normal a new norm due to the virus. Virus spread to the whole world.

2. People aroudn the whole world must change their lifestyle and stay indoors to prevent being infected with the virus.

3. Wearing a face mask becomes mandatory.

How long will this pandemic last? No one knows. All the past virus we had 2 - 3 years to go off. So how long will this pandemic last? No one knows. However it is surely not showing any signs of slowing. All the different countries around the whole world are badly affected by the virus.

But it is.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yesterdays recap:

2 new confirmed cases yesterday, 2639 tests provided during Thursday.

No new death for the 21st consecutive day but also no new recovered patients yesterday.

Currently 121 Active cases registered in the country, 37 of them needs hospitalization, no one in intensive care beds and also currently still no one has to be under artificial lung ventilator.

So right now in Slovakia

1528 Confirmed Cases   (+2 Yesterday), 

2639 Tests Yesterday    (188235 in Total)

28 Deaths  (+0 Yesterday), 1379 Fully Recovered  (+0 Yesterday)

https://covid-19.nczisk.sk/en

Aaaaand today, after 3 months and 2 days after first confirmed case of corona in :POL we have record of new daily cases (576). Well done Ministry of Health and Government overally. From today almost everything is reopen, I believe that in 2 weeks we might have +1000 new cases every day as we don't need to wear masks anymore in "open space" and from Monday in schools will be held final exams. And oh, how I could forget about presidential elections which will take place in 3 weeks...