website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ah, the good old days. :p

Yeah, apparently things don't always stay the same forever, who knew :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minut temu, dcro napisał:

Yes, just like Croatia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Countries of similar predisposition.

And then there are places like Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan, whose numbers are even better than those of Slovakia. But that's because they were smart enough to ignore WHO and immediately impose travel ban to China, rightfully assuming the situation was worse than reported...

Exactly. I don't remember how quickly Iceland reacted, but since last 7 days they had only 3 new cases and at this moment they have just 12 active cases, seems they did good job as well. Or maybe reason that they are located far away from other countries..

this is the end of lockdown effect...

in Lombardy, after less than 10 days of "freedom", yesterday there were more than 500 new positive tests and 111 new deaths...

c'mon! let's go! let's get everything open and everybody on a morgue table...

and I live in the middle of all this sh*t! :facepalm: :wall:

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

in Lombardy, after less than 10 days of "freedom", yesterday there were more than 500 new positive tests and 111 new deaths...

The exact same thing is going to happen all over the US within the next week :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, phelps said:

And still, I read today that Italian media were whining that Austria wants to maintain border control with Italy and that plans to restart tourism on a limited basis unfairly favors Croatia and Greece...

(PS. of course this is not a criticism of you but of said media)

Yesterdays recap:

3 new confirmed cases yesterday, almost 4 thousands tests provided during Thursday.

Thankfully no new death for the 3rd consecutive day and 19 newly recovered patients.

Currently 322 Active cases registered in the country, 116 of them needs hospitalization, 3 of them in intensive care beds and currently no one has to be under artificial lung ventilator.

So right now in Slovakia

1480 Confirmed Cases   (+3 Yesterday), 

3992 Tests Yesterday    (135902 in Total)

27 Deaths  (+0 Yesterday), 1131 Fully Recovered  (+19 Yesterday)

https://covid-19.nczisk.sk/en

21 hours ago, dharang said:

And still, I read today that Italian media were whining that Austria wants to maintain border control with Italy and that plans to restart tourism on a limited basis unfairly favors Croatia and Greece...

(PS. of course this is not a criticism of you but of said media)

yeah, but we readily found the answer...

from June 3rd, our borders will be fully open again...at least for people coming from UE Countries...:facepalm:

so, our tourism could be fully operational, if only the rules set by the Public Health Institute to go to the sea/on the beach/to the restaurant weren't more than absurd...

however, I'm not surprised at all...our Nation right now is totally out of control...mentally, socially, economically and politically...it's a true Far West, something we would need a new John Wayne to take care of...because we're at a point where you can hear everything and the opposite of everything even from the supposed most reliable scientists...there's no people talking/acting in the public interest...it's only about selfishness and greediness at the highest level...

I'm more and more disgusted by my Countrymen, especially those who are supposed to be on the driving seat and lead us out of these diffcult, dramatic days...:nopompom: :facepalm: :wall:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

however, I'm not surprised at all...our Nation right now is totally out of control...mentally, socially, economically and politically...it's a true Far West, something we would need a new John Wayne to take care of...because we're at a point where you can hear everything and the opposite of everything even from the supposed most reliable scientists...there's no people talking/acting in the public interest...it's only about selfishness and greediness at the highest level...

Well, as long as it is not about Bicycle Thieves all over again...

#banbestmen