website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

12 minutes ago, konig said:

And here starts to release from jail many criminals........what is the situation in your countrys?

We have done it, to ease the overcapacity prisons. Unsurprisingly theft cases rise...

I am lost of words on that, I mean those people in prisons are just like in semi-isolation from outside world and now you release them like Olympic doves.

14 minutes ago, konig said:

And here starts to release from jail many criminals........what is the situation in your countrys?

Somewhat similar. We’re been releasing non-violet criminals who are near completion of their sentence from my understanding. It’s the right thing to do. We need to try and help our incarcerated populations as well. Some of the worst Covid-19 outbreaks are in prisons.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

We have done it, to ease the overcapacity prisons. Unsurprisingly theft cases rise...

I am lost of words on that, I mean those people in prisons are just like in semi-isolation from outside world and now you release them like Olympic doves.

Guards bring in it, Guards take home. It’s a huge issue actually.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Somewhat similar. We’re been releasing non-violet criminals who are near completion of their sentence from my understanding. It’s the right thing to do. We need to try and help our incarcerated populations as well. Some of the worst Covid-19 outbreaks are in prisons.

Here are releasing even rapers and murders :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Guards bring in it, Guards take home. It’s a huge issue actually.

Yeah, I bet these criminals will now sue the judicial system for bringing them at risk :lol:

It always amazes me how some people actually have more care & understanding for murderers & rapists than people who have never spend a day in jail in their lives :coffee:

Bad, bad guards! How dare they put those lovely murderers at risk! :finger:

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, I bet these criminals will now sue the judicial system for bringing them at risk :lol:

It always amazes me how some people actually have more care & understanding for murderers & rapists than people who have never spend a day in jail in their lives :coffee:

Bad, bad guards! How dare they put those lovely murderers at risk! :finger:

Clearly you don’t understand the ramifications of what I said. I get people not feeling bad about guards bringing Covid into prison, but there’s obviously no argument that we should try to prevent them from bringing it. If they get it, and go shopping, and go home to their families, it will spread amongst people.

45 minutes ago, konig said:

If I'm not wrong here they already released more than half of prisoners, probably something like 60/70% , even though that was 2-3 months ago, now they are calling them back. no more holidays for at least some of them.

we had two cases of "prison break", one of them was kind of funny, apparently someone left some doors open and they just ran ! we had videos of prisoners running into the streets with underwear or things like that :d

25 minutes ago, konig said:

Here are releasing even rapers and murders :facepalm:

very unlikely here, because there is death penalty for those crimes. this is probably not a popular opinion here in this forum but that's one of the few rules here that I completely support. human right is for humans, not for those kind of criminals.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

If I'm not wrong here they already released more than half of prisoners, probably something like 60/70% , even though that was 2-3 months ago, now they are calling them back. no more holidays for at least some of them.

we had two cases of "prison break", one of them was kind of funny, apparently someone left some doors open and they just ran ! we had videos of prisoners running into the streets with underwear or things like that :d

very unlikely here, because there is death penalty for those crimes. this is probably not a popular opinion here in this forum but that's one of the few rules here that I completely support. human right is for humans, not for those kind of criminals.

Death Penalty is a really interesting issue. It divided the state more than anything when we tried to end it in 2016. In a major upset, the bill was not passed. It seems to be one of the few issues that really divides the left. Personally, I like the Norwegian model of prisons. Research supports what their doing, and many studies prove why death penalty isn’t worth the trouble really.