website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

While i think that it is certainly possible that this virus came from a lab (coincidentally China's only level 4 microbiology lab is in Wuhan ...), i am pretty confident that this virus isn't some man-made weapon. If the plan would have been to create a bioweapon, then you would have used a more deadly pathogen like Ebola or Lassa virus. In addition to that you wouldn't "release" the virus in the country where it was created, you would "release" it in some completely different part of the world, so that noone can ever trace it back to you.

Here are two articles that also doubt that the virus originated in a lab:

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21156607/how-did-the-coronavirus-get-started-china-wuhan-lab

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9.pdf

Naturally it is very difficult to prove where a virus didn't come from, when you don't know where it came from or who was patient zero ...

That's up for debate, probably. Most ebolavirus (especially the Zaire one) are indeed very deadly, but that means it gets way less chance to spread than for example SARS-CoV-2. The most succesful kind of virus doesn't kill as quick and violently as ebola.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

It's more like a daily TV show. No one take it seriously and I like his daily debate with "fake news media" in press conference. To be honest, it is fun and he maybe right sometimes, for example he said comparing the ability of spreading panic, I am 10000 times better than you (some fake news media), but I chose not. And he now has a privilege to say anything without taking the responsibility as everyone knows he is an "idiot". You would not be surprised at anything he said no matter how outrageous it is, but if something similar said by other world leaders would be totally different. I think Chinese government is somehow admire this.

If noone would take him/what he says seriously, then he would have never become president and probably wouldn't be the favorite to win the next election too. It is hard to believe, but there are actually millions of americans who believe what he says. I also have to say that Joe Biden isn't much better. Of course he normally is less offensive than Trump, but during the past couple of months it became pretty obvious that he also pretty much lost control over his mind.

I am not sure why american people are so obsessed with being governed by old (white) men who clearly have some "cognitive issues" ... ?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

28 new cases yesterday (13 of them are still from the Retirement house in Pezinok) so baring them it is 15 new cases across the country yesterday. 1434 tests provided yesterday and new 38 patients are now fully healed.

So 863 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+28 Yesterday), 1434 Tests yesterday (31491 in Total)

2 Deaths (+0), 151 Healed (+38)

141 Hospitalized, 4 in Serious condition (Ventilators), 5 in Critical (ICU)

The Easter Curfew is over, but the life still can not return to normal due the continuing restrictions and measures

It was already announced that the schools will not be re-opened before September, at Elementary schools no one will fall and all kids will advance to the higher class next year,

For the final year of colleges and high schools, The written parts of the final exams are cancelled, the oral part will be held, but it is still not known how and when .

6234573_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6234558_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

The country decided to send back home our soldiers from Afghanistan, Now only 20 soldiers who are training local soldiers will stay there.

6234531_1200x.jpeg?rev=4

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's up for debate, probably. Most ebolavirus (especially the Zaire one) are indeed very deadly, but that means it gets way less chance to spread than for example SARS-CoV-2. The most succesful kind of virus doesn't kill as quick and violently as ebola.

Obviously ... i never claimed anything else. My point was: If you would create a bioweapon, you would probably take a deadly virus and change it in a way that it spreads more easily/has a longer incubation period. The other alternative would be to take a very contagious virus and make it more deadly. This virus has a mortality rate of roughly 0.3 %, while some other viruses kill between 30 and 50 % of all infected people. I also think that if you would create of bioweapon, you would at the same time create a treatment/vaccine. I am not saying that the virus definitely didn't come from a laboratory or wasn't engineered, but i am pretty sure that it isn't some bioweapon (that was released on purpose).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

While i think that it is certainly possible that this virus came from a lab (coincidentally China's only level 4 microbiology lab is in Wuhan ...), i am pretty confident that this virus isn't some man-made weapon. If the plan would have been to create a bioweapon, then you would have used a more deadly pathogen like Ebola or Lassa virus. In addition to that you wouldn't "release" the virus in the country where it was created, you would "release" it in some completely different part of the world, so that noone can ever trace it back to you.

Here are two articles that also doubt that the virus originated in a lab:

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21156607/how-did-the-coronavirus-get-started-china-wuhan-lab

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9.pdf

Naturally it is very difficult to prove where a virus didn't come from, when you don't know where it came from or who was patient zero ...

You are right about this part. The virus as said is an accident at the lab. The scientists are doing the research at the lab. In the midst of doing the research the scientist got infected with the virus. The first patient zero is Huang Yanling who has already passed away. She is one of the researcher at the lab.

@OlympicsFan

The virus accidentally escaped from the lab. The scientists are doing research at the lab on daily basis. Somehow majority of the scientists doing the research at the lab got infected with the virus while doing the experiments at the lab. The virus can spread very fast. So it is if no wonder that the scientists caught the virus form the lab. Then the scientists themselves did not know that they have caught the deadly virus and mingle around and mix around with other people too. That is how the virus become wide spread due to the lab accident. There are also reports saying the scientists at the labs are accidentally splashed with the bats blood and urine while doing the research.

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

So 863 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+28 Yesterday), 1434 Tests yesterday (31491 in Total)

2 Deaths (+0), 151 Healed (+38)

141 Hospitalized, 4 in Serious condition (Ventilators), 5 in Critical (ICU)

Update

4 new deaths today (3 from the already mentioned Retirement house in Pezinok :( this is gonna be a huge case here, someone will have to spend a long long time in jail) and 1 from Trnava hospital

so now we have 6 deaths

RIP :(

1 hour ago, up and down said:

You are right about this part. The virus as said is an accident at the lab. The scientists are doing the research at the lab. In the midst of doing the research the scientist got infected with the virus. The first patient zero is Huang Yanling who has already passed away. She is one of the researcher at the lab.

So what are you saying?

a) The scientists were just doing research on the virus and it accidentally transferred to humans or

b) They genetically engineered the virus and it then transferred to humans (due to inadequate personal protection?

I am surprised that apparently China only has one BSL-4, while ...

- Brazil, Belarus, Switzerland, Sweden, South Africa and even Gabon also have one each 

- India and Australia both have 2

- GB has at least 3

- Germany has at least 4

- The US has 14 that are planned/currently active

I am also not sure how „clever“ it is to have a laboratory like that in a big city, but apparently it is the same in other countries. Germany for example has one BSL-4 in Hamburg and one in Berlin, the US has one in San Antonio, one in Boston and one in Atlanta, Brazil has one in São Paulo, France has one in Lyon, GB has one in London, Italy has one in Rome, Belarus has one in Minsk, Russia has one in Moscow, India has one in Hyderabad, Australia has one in Melbourne and Japan has one in Tokyo.

40 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

So what are you saying?

a) The scientists were just doing research on the virus and it accidentally transferred to humans or

b) They genetically engineered the virus and it then transferred to humans (due to inadequate personal protection?

I am surprised that apparently China only has one BSL-4, while ...

- Brazil, Belarus, Switzerland, Sweden, South Africa and even Gabon also have one each 

- India and Australia both have 2

- GB has at least 3

- Germany has at least 4

- The US has 14 that are planned/currently active

I am also not sure how „clever“ it is to have a laboratory like that in a big city, but apparently it is the same in other countries. Germany for example has one BSL-4 in Hamburg and one in Berlin, the US has one in San Antonio, one in Boston and one in Atlanta, Brazil has one in São Paulo, France has one in Lyon, GB has one in London, Italy has one in Rome, Belarus has one in Minsk, Russia has one in Moscow, India has one in Hyderabad, Australia has one in Melbourne and Japan has one in Tokyo.

The research is not totally done at the BSL lab with grade 4. There are 2 labs in Wuhan. 1 with grade 4 and the other one is not grade 4. Yes the researcher moved about between these 2 labs in Wuhan. As said it was an accident. The scientists are doing the research inside the lab and they accidentally got infected with the virus without them even noticing it. That is how the virus pass on to other people in Wuhan. According to the articles I read, it is mentioned that the scientists doing the research inside the lab lack of personal protective gear.