website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

16 hours ago, Ashton said:

Luckily I have no relatives in US. One of my Aunt's son is working in Australian Navy and has dual citizenship. His family is living there but they didn't return even though Australia got covid 19 before India. Maybe a good decision I feel as Australia is doing well. 

Australia managed to detect the cases early. By now we have conducted mass testing for more than 400,000 citizens in Australia. So perhaps this is a good start to it. Australia is not a very big country. Largest country in the world is China. Second largest is India and US is the third largest country.

17 minutes ago, Ashton said:

Luckily I have no relatives in US. One of my Aunt's son is working in Australian Navy and has dual citizenship. His family is living there but they didn't return even though Australia got covid 19 before India. Maybe a good decision I feel as Australia is doing well. 

Why leave a country like Australia if you're living there? Honestly I'm fairly sure I'd rather stay there than go to India and wait for a virus to spread around there..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

After testing blood from 500 residents for antibodies to the COVID-19 virus in the town of Gangelt, which is a hot spot of the pandemic in Germany, scientists at a nearby university say they have determined that 14% have been infected and are therefore "immune." Some of those people would have had no symptoms at all. Scientists found that 2% of residents were actively infected by the coronavirus and a total of 14% had antibodies, indicating a prior infection. "From the result of their blood survey, the German team estimated the death rate in the municipality at 0.37% overall, a figure significantly lower than what's shown on a dashboard maintained by Johns Hopkins, where the death rate in Germany among reported cases is 2%," reports MIT Technology Review. In contrast, the 2019-2020 seasonal flu has infected up to 17% of U.S. population and killed ~0.1% of those infected. Since first emerged in late December, or purportedly as early as late November, the COVID-19 has infected over 1.6 million people and killed over 100,000.

if this true and can be replicated ...... Then Germany and most if Europe may be reaching the end game of covid..... It should die out in Western Europe by itself if you have such a large % already infected 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Sadly, it probably won't be like that. Gangelt was the real first hotspot of COVID-19 in Germany. A couple who was in holidays in Italy got infected with the virus. They returned without knowing it and took part in a local carnival party in Gangelt, infecting many other people from this region. When the man from the original couple got hospitalized only very few days after the carnival party, all the other carnival guests were put in quarantine as a safety measure. Meaning Gangelt has very likely a much higher quota of infected people than the average in Germany.

In Slovenia, we are getting better and better each day. 

After we came in 20th place in the world, according to confirmed cases, three weeks ago, we are now around 70th place (1205 cases / 52 deaths).

We are still limited only to life inside our own county, but luckily I live on the countryside, therefore I can walk and run a lot.

@heywoodu: How is it looking in the Netherlands? Today i read that one german state alone (Nordrhein-Westfalen) has already treated 39 patients from the Netherlands and that the number dramatically increased over the past week. Are your hospitals overrun?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

After testing blood from 500 residents for antibodies to the COVID-19 virus in the town of Gangelt, which is a hot spot of the pandemic in Germany, scientists at a nearby university say they have determined that 14% have been infected and are therefore "immune." Some of those people would have had no symptoms at all. Scientists found that 2% of residents were actively infected by the coronavirus and a total of 14% had antibodies, indicating a prior infection. "From the result of their blood survey, the German team estimated the death rate in the municipality at 0.37% overall, a figure significantly lower than what's shown on a dashboard maintained by Johns Hopkins, where the death rate in Germany among reported cases is 2%," reports MIT Technology Review. In contrast, the 2019-2020 seasonal flu has infected up to 17% of U.S. population and killed ~0.1% of those infected. Since first emerged in late December, or purportedly as early as late November, the COVID-19 has infected over 1.6 million people and killed over 100,000.

if this true and can be replicated ...... Then Germany and most if Europe may be reaching the end game of covid..... It should die out in Western Europe by itself if you have such a large % already infected 

Thank you very much for your information.