website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

704 cases in 1 day ... Things aren't getting much better. Just 3 states Sikkim ,Meghalaya, Nagaland and the Union Territory of Lakshwadeep are free of covid 19. 

I'm still convinced with my home state till now which is quietly going through a Pink Revolution, sadly just the state media has broadcasted .

While we were 2nd highest at one time, then 3rd for quite sometime the cases have come to stand still for now. 

Smart app ideas, innovative thinking helped a lot. 

Pink Revolution has been all about women dressed in pink sarees with pink umbrellas going home to home asking people about their health, travel history, their relatives, raising awareness abt the disease. These women belong to ASHA,  Accredited Social Health Activists have completed visiting over 1 crore homes in the state. The data after each visit is written down in the book and later updated on website, which is again open to all. This helped in early detection of cases. 

With GPS tracking on all isolated and quarantine people (+ sending selfie every hour)  and their names and addresses on website it became much easier. Many  district have hospitals which treat covid 19 for free. While first 2 covid 19 tests are free in all other hospitals . Trains have been converted to hospital rooms. 

The daily cases now are like 12,4,10,8,16,2 etc and we are out of top10 in country. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

2 hours ago, up and down said:

This is the response of an incompetent leader towards the pandemic.

ET2QqmYUwAA3fRL.jpg

"Democrats work the weekend to craft relief bill" is a bit unfair to the Republicans who've been doing the exact same thing. It's not like only Democrats were trying to take care of this.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m just against the use of force. If police/MPs do their job peacefully, using the least amount of force needed, then I’m fine, but I’ve been quite disturbed from what I’ve from a few countries. People should still allowed all the their basic human rights and freedoms during the pandemic. My biggest fear, besides people not respecting what medical professionals advice, is governments using this pandemic to clamp down on rights and freedom (like we already saw in Hungary).

Of course, police/military being violent, beating up people is a different thing. I am not aware of that happening here.

You are also right that there is a difference between a temporary and measured limitation of personal rights in the interest of the society (but here there might be a difference between Europe and the US on what degree of limitation people are willing to tolerate) and the intentions of some irresponsible politicians of using the crisis as a pretext to establish some kind of authoritarian model of governance. One finance/investment professional here in HU dubbed this the prospect of "palpatinization", from the efforts of Senator Palpatine in Star Wars to establish a dictatorship using a crisis as a pretext (I am not a big SW watcher so I have to accept this at face value :p)

Edited by dharang

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

704 cases in 1 day ... Things aren't getting much better. Just 3 states Sikkim ,Meghalaya, Nagaland and the Union Territory of Lakshwadeep are free of covid 19. 

I'm still convinced with my home state till now which is quietly going through a Pink Revolution, sadly just the state media has broadcasted .

While we were 2nd highest at one time, then 3rd for quite sometime the cases have come to stand still for now. 

Smart app ideas, innovative thinking helped a lot. 

Pink Revolution has been all about women dressed in pink sarees with pink umbrellas going home to home asking people about their health, travel history, their relatives, raising awareness abt the disease. These women belong to ASHA,  Accredited Social Health Activists have completed visiting over 1 crore homes in the state. The data after each visit is written down in the book and later updated on website, which is again open to all. This helped in early detection of cases. 

With GPS tracking on all isolated and quarantine people (+ sending selfie every hour)  and their names and addresses on website it became much easier. Many  district have hospitals which treat covid 19 for free. While first 2 covid 19 tests are free in all other hospitals . Trains have been converted to hospital rooms. 

The daily cases now are like 12,4,10,8,16,2 etc and we are out of top10 in country. 

Karnataka has no doubt been among the best managed state. They have also been blessed with small number of TJ cases. 

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Karnataka has no doubt been among the best managed state. They have also been blessed with small number of TJ cases. 

And the cases may remain like that for few more days after massive rain and thunderstorms hitting in the southern and coastal parts . The entire week may be like that rain and thunderstorms in some of the districts .

hace 13 horas, konig dijo:

its too low.....is really sad to dont know what is really happening with the Covid in our country.

There are numbers that cannot be hidden. 54 deaths so far and 96 in ICU. The health vice minister just said there are 8,400 ICU beds and 6.400 ventilators.

Edited by NMQ

12 hours ago, dharang said:

Seems good to me. A video emerged today from last weekend at Velence lake (a popular weekend spot about 50 Kms from Budapest) with the parking lot being full, people congregating, not respecting the distance etc. When the police dispersed them some people came back 20 mins after the police left :wall:

Hopefully something more strict will be done for Easter weekend here as well, b/c I fear this can be like the weekend of 7-8 March was for Spain... :wacko:

On the use of the military: dont know how it is done is the Slovak Republic, but here the military I saw was specifically trained for military police duties, not simply any soldiers.
There are no tanks or APCs on the streets!

Ofc, there will be no tanks or anything similar in the streets. 

Army and police will only control and maintain the situation in the cities. their main job will be to do checks on all highways and all major and minor state road exits where they will check whether people will move to other places (the only exception have paople going or returning from work (those people will have their employment contract with them to show it to the control checks)