website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

hace 22 minutos, konig dijo:

The best way to dissapear the problem is not making tests.......:p

91885599_10221957352312229_674581891520659456_o.jpg

That´s old. Today´s number is 226 tests per million, which is still pretty low, but slowly increasing.

1 hour ago, NMQ said:

That´s old. Today´s number is 226 tests per million, which is still pretty low, but slowly increasing.

its too low.....is really sad to dont know what is really happening with the Covid in our country.

Edited by konig

6 hours ago, hckosice said:

And it is official. Curfew in :SVK  from 8th April (Wednesday) 00:00 to 13th April (Monday) 23:59.

the government approved restrictions of free movement of citizens from Wednesday 8th midnight to Monday 13th April 2020, 23:59.

The Cabinet adopted a resolution after special recommendations of a group of experts, which met on Sunday (5th April) in the afternoon.

However there will be some Exceptions:

like travel to and from work, quick basic shopping, necessary/urgent doctor visits, attendance at funeral of relatives, short stay in the nature/countryside but only within the district, or within Bratislava and Košice for people living in these cities.

The boundaries of the district or the territory of Bratislava and Košice must be respected also in the case of care of relatives or neighbors.

At the same time, the government prohibited during this aforementionedperiod the right of all assembly and gathering, with the only exception of persons living in the same household.

the police and the army will be involved in carrying out the commandments and keeping order. suburban buses and trains will not operate.

So basically, People can following the tradition of easter monday "throw water" on their mothers, wives, daughters but only in their own home if they live together in the same household

Seems good to me. A video emerged today from last weekend at Velence lake (a popular weekend spot about 50 Kms from Budapest) with the parking lot being full, people congregating, not respecting the distance etc. When the police dispersed them some people came back 20 mins after the police left :wall:

Hopefully something more strict will be done for Easter weekend here as well, b/c I fear this can be like the weekend of 7-8 March was for Spain... :wacko:

On the use of the military: dont know how it is done is the Slovak Republic, but here the military I saw was specifically trained for military police duties, not simply any soldiers.
There are no tanks or APCs on the streets!

I’m just against the use of force. If police/MPs do their job peacefully, using the least amount of force needed, then I’m fine, but I’ve been quite disturbed from what I’ve from a few countries. People should still allowed all the their basic human rights and freedoms during the pandemic. My biggest fear, besides people not respecting what medical professionals advice, is governments using this pandemic to clamp down on rights and freedom (like we already saw in Hungary).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

https://www.vogue.com/article/donald-trump-coronavirus-white-house-briefings-dangerous

Donald Trump Is Dangerously Wrong About Coronavirus. Don’t Listen to Him.

Exceprts from the article.

If, after three years of his presidency, any doubt remained, Monday’s press briefing at the White House confirmed the obvious: Donald Trump is not the strong, informed leader that this country needs to get us through the coronavirus pandemic.

As governors around the country shutter all but essential businesses and demand that residents stay home in order to try and contain this increasingly deadly virus, Trump suggested that everyone was just overreacting and that things would soon return to normal.

“America will again, and soon, be open for business, very soon, a lot sooner than the three or four months somebody was suggesting,” Trump promised, insisting Americans may soon be able to return to work. He added, “We’re not going to let the cure be worse than the problem. At the end of the 15-day period, we’ll make a decision as to which way we want to go, where we want to go.”

On Tuesday morning New York governor Andrew Cuomo, whose own fact-filled and measured briefings have become essential television viewing for many New Yorkers, delivered a message that directly contradicted the one from the president the day before. Saying that the rate of infections in New York was now doubling every three days, Cuomo suggested that any optimism was clearly misplaced. “We’re not slowing it, and it is accelerating on its own,” said Cuomo at a briefing at Manhattan’s Javits Center, which is being converted to a 2,000-bed hospital complex. “The [disease] forecaster said to me, ‘We were looking at a freight train coming across the country.” Added Cuomo: “We’re now looking at a bullet train.”

It may feel counterintuitive not to listen to the president, but right now Americans are better off taking their advice on how to limit the effect of COVID-19 directly from Fauci, who echoes the CDC’s advice to “essentially self-isolate.” It’s unclear even to experts how long COVID-19 will continue to ravage the U.S., but it depends at least in part on how willing Americans are to suspend normal life and flatten the curve in order to protect our most vulnerable populations.

In a Saturday column for the Washington Post, Margaret Sullivan noted that Trump’s daily COVID-19 briefings have become made-for-TV events at which “Trump is doing harm and spreading misinformation while working for his own partisan political benefit.” Sullivan called on cable-news networks and other news organizations to stop airing the briefings live, and the proposition makes sense; in a time of unprecedented turmoil, when Americans are grappling with disease, job loss, and social isolation, maybe no news is better than fake news.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m just against the use of force. If police/MPs do their job peacefully, using the least amount of force needed, then I’m fine, but I’ve been quite disturbed from what I’ve from a few countries. People should still allowed all the their basic human rights and freedoms during the pandemic. My biggest fear, besides people not respecting what medical professionals advice, is governments using this pandemic to clamp down on rights and freedom (like we already saw in Hungary).

Thing is, allowing the military of all people to take control in keeping order, you're crossing a very dangerous line. It should be the absolute, 100%, completely very very very last resort..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!