website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 minute ago, Agger said:

There is no way to take politicians out of the equation. But it's really a matter of how much you listen to them.

But even so, it's pretty clear that there are major differences between doctors. It's not like it's the politicians making the calls on keeping the society pretty open in Sweden. They're following the ideas of a doctor. 

Meanwhile it's also necessary with the politicians to consider how the country is to keep moving on (both during a lockdown and when slowly opening up).

Meanwhile I must admit that I'm starting to fear if Denmark may be getting through this too easily. Things are working very well and the numbers of people hospitalized has been going down for a few days now while the numbers in ICU has been pretty steady. What I could fear is if too few has had the corona a potential second wave may need the same kinds of policies. Not expecting some kind of herd immunity, but one case more now may be one case less next time and former pandemics has shown that the second wave may very well be worse than the first. But it should be made clear that my knowledge on the subject is pretty limited.

Good to hear that things are under control.

from what I saw in past couple of days, life is back to normal like nothing has happened, Tehran is back to its own crazy traffic , only people are wearing masks and do the same things ! :facepalm:and it's not only the capital , other cities are facing the same situation more or less. things were somehow under control in past couple of weeks but I'm afraid that won't stay the same.

meanwhile the Rouhani government took some smart decisions

* All less-risk businesses, industries and shops (which means almost everything except sport activities, concerts, religious gatherings etc) will be back to normal from 11 April, only in Tehran province the date will be 18 April.

* All government offices, banks etc are now working with 33% capacities, that will be 66% from 11 April, and again only in Tehran that will be from 18 April

* Inter province travels are banned until 18 April, with the exception of travels between Tehran and Alborz (where I live) no restriction for that.

* universities will be open for PhD and MS students from 18 April, but schools and universities (for the rest) will be closed until 18 April, and the government will decide about it later. Southern provinces in "white zone" can open schools even from 13 April (that will be up to local officials) !!

bottom line, we have some spare beds in hospitals, let's put them in use by making more patients. :wall: it seems we are determined to climb that worldometers table once again. :facepalm::wall:

Edited by MHSN

1545 tests were performed yesterday (400 less than on the previous day), 14 of which were positive (7 less than on the previous day).

So 485 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+14 Yesterday),

1 Death (+0), 8 Healed (+0)

120 Hospitalized, 3 in serious conditions, 1 is still in very critical situation under ventilators.

image.png

Around 17:30 is schedulled the PM press conference about the measures and restrictions for Easter. (the crisis staff meeting is still negotiating) The whole country is eagerly awaiting for it..

37 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Great, a patient just died from coronavirus in my mother's hospital and now they suspect some staff may be infected :wall:

So sorry to hear that ?...... I think this is the nightmare for all people who have family members in the medical profession...... I have a brother who is a doctor who is having a compromised immune system due to kidney disease and other cousins who are general practitioners........ It is so terrible to hear about your mothers hospital hope she is covid negative...... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

"I´ll present to the government tomorrow recomendation to restrict free movement of the citizens from 8th April morning (Wednesday) to 13th April night (Monday), with the exceptions of traveling to and from work, quick basic shopping, necessary/urgent visit of doctor, short stay in the nature/countryside within the county, and possibly also the exception of necessary caring of relatives"

The Final decision should be expected tomorrow afternoon