website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

+172 today, not 1000 :p (still a lot of course)

845 new cases today

Although these new daily numbers are of course not always literally 'today', but mostly a combination of the total new cases of the past few days.

I meant total deaths. 

Oh damn. By now Italy is 'only' in 4th place in terms of new daily cases and the top-3 isn't even close anymore (for what it's worth, of course).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Does anyone have any idea how much a reusable FFP3 mask normally costs? I wanted to buy one on Ebay (in Germany), but at the moment they seem a bit overpriced ...

172,50 € (with more than half an hour to go until the auction is over) for ONE mask seems a bit high for me ... ? :yikes::lol:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/MOLDEX-FFP-3-RD-Air-Plus-3405-Maske-Wiederverwendbar/223959878076

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Update from :POL We have today new 256 cases and 2 death. In total 2311 cases and 33 deaths. Also there is finally an good news about this virus, officialy we have 45 cases of total recoveries.

From tomorrow, for closer unknown time we will have many new restrictions:

• On the streets we have to keep at least 2m distancing between people
  • People under 18yo can't leave houses for any reason without parents or other adult people
  • Most of parks, squares, beaches, recreation areas will be closed
  • Ban for rental of city bikes 
  • Closing of all cosmetics services, hairdressers, tattoo parlors and beauty studio
  • Limited number of people in shops, only 3 persons per one cashbox
  • Before entering to each shop we have to use disinfectant liquid which will be next to the door and have wear disposable gloves
  • Only 2 people per one cashbox in post offices
  • In weekends building stores will be closed, only grocery stores, pharmacies, shops with cometics will be open in weekends
  • People aged over 65 years can go to shops only between 10 to 12 in morning, in those hours younger people can't enter to shops
  • Closing of hotels and recreational facilities (except for those where are quarantined persons or employees) 
  • In public transport limited number of passengers to half of available seats
  • Walk on the streets only to "ventilate" or walk with the dog
Edited by rybak

I really hope these restrictive and limiting measures that many nations are passing don’t cause a bigger crisis down the line. Plus, we’re seeing governments using this as a way to increase their power in many parts of the world. I’m increasing worried about the social aspects of this disease.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone have any idea how much a reusable FFP3 mask normally costs? I wanted to buy one on Ebay (in Germany), but at the moment they seem a bit overpriced ...

172,50 € (with more than half an hour to go until the auction is over) for ONE mask seems a bit high for me ... ? :yikes::lol:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/MOLDEX-FFP-3-RD-Air-Plus-3405-Maske-Wiederverwendbar/223959878076

A normal price in Italy (so, before emergency) for a single FFP3 mask was nearly 5 euro. They were typically sold on multiple packs, so you could pay more or less 50 euros for 10 masks. FFP2 were paid half, while surgery ones are really cheap, (10s of cents for a single mask)