website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

39 minutes ago, rybak said:

Damn you corona, i just lost work by this shit :cry:

Welcome to the club :hug:

I'm already losing all of my work in June as well and rumours are spreading that I won't be working on July/August as well if this whole thing doesn't blow off in April, early May.

So that would be a half a year of unemployment just because of some dumb virus :)

Another crisis meeting here tomorrow, probably the result of that will be that the precautions until 6 April will be extended. There's not really any more precautions to be expected, since we're already at basically the realistic limit of what you can do without losing the balance and compromising people's health and lives in other ways. The main focus is on increasing the number of available ICU beds, half of which have been cut away in past years because it was deemed too expensive to keep them :whistle: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Welcome.

I am eligible for 55% income from employment insurance + 20% from my employer, so not too bad.

You live in a country with good unemployment benefits thankfully, I would imagine that not everyone will be so lucky. I’m glad to hear you’re doing okay though :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Looks like Slovenia and Austria starts mandatory wearing of masks (in shops for now) , I fear it is too late..but it looks like their authorities are finally beginning to realize the seriousness of the situation

In Slovenia we're in day 15 of quaranteen. Everything non basic is closed, no public transport, no gatherings. So we have quite some measures, but the masks are required as of today in all closed public spaces. The problem here is people just don't get the seriousness of the situation and enjoy their time off work in the sun... 

2 godziny temu, Werloc napisał:

Welcome to the club :hug:

I'm already losing all of my work in June as well and rumours are spreading that I won't be working on July/August as well if this whole thing doesn't blow off in April, early May.

So that would be a half a year of unemployment just because of some dumb virus :)

Where you work?