website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

7 minutes ago, dharang said:

As I said to some one a few days ago, Italy and the EU is like two persons sitting atop of a big pile of high explosive, where both persons hold a cigarette lighter in their hands and threaten the other with finally using the lighter. As both are going to explode no matter which lights up the lighter, the better course of action is maybe doing something else :)

This is going to be very hard to resolve yes, but in the end both parties are interested in not to escalate this.

The collapse of the €-zone is going to hurt everyone in Europe (not only those who use the €), and the disruption caused by that would make the current crisis pale in comparison, so it is common interest for everyone to work to avoid that. 

Short term electoral politics is going to influence all this, sadly (There are elections in GER next year, i think also in NED, there can by an election any time in ITA), which will affect the leader's ability and willingness to compromise. But compromise will have to be made by both sides.

well, tonight's words from our President, who's normally the biggest and strongest EU supporter in our Country, did sound like a final blessing to leave the EU if next time the financial ministers won't put in place an unlimited and unrestricted in terms of future obligations strategy to help the whole Cointinent resurrect from this tough downfall...

if Germany, the Netherlands and their acolytes will still keep the point of that fuc*in' fraud that's the socalled MES, I don't see any other option but answering them "fuck you!" and leave this unfriendly company...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

well, tonight's words from our President, who's normally the biggest and strongest EU supporter in our Country, did sound like a final blessing to leave the EU if next time the financial ministers won't put in place an unlimited and unrestricted in terms of future obligations strategy to help the whole Cointinent resurrect from this tough downfall...

if Germany, the Netherlands and their acolytes will still keep the point of that fuc*in' fraud that's the socalled MES, I don't see any other option but answering them "fuck you!" and leave this unfriendly company...

The question is: is that something that will be received as a "fuck you!" or as a "finally"?

And before that gets taken the wrong way: I am personally not against helping weaker nations, at all. As long as the reserves that have been built aren't depleted before we need it ourselves, which in this situation is just a matter of time.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On a more important and less political note: is there any theory on how it can still be spreading this much in Italy? I mean, there's been restrictions in various strictness for quite a while now, one would assume people haven't been going about their regular life for a good while and yet there's still thousands and thousands of new cases every single day..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On a more important and less political note: is there any theory on how it can still be spreading this much in Italy? I mean, there's been restrictions in various strictness for quite a while now, one would assume people haven't been going about their regular life for a good while and yet there's still thousands and thousands of new cases every single day..

Mainly three factors should be considered:

1) especially in Lombardy, a lot of people kept on reuniting and considering the jobs marked  as essentials, in practice nearly half of the people living there kept a "normal life" -> go to job, stay in close contact etc;

2) it seems like, especially in Lombardy which is responsible for 2/3 of daily cases, that there's something wrong in the hospitals, I mean: it seems like that it is spreading through the hospitals, as it started in practice;

3) as I wrote before on the forum, on 9th March restrictions started to happen and in that day (and the next weekend) a lot of people travelled from the North to the South of Italy. Considering a median value of incubation time of 14 days, plus 3-4 days for relatively severe symptoms to appear, you reach more or less 26th March and I already wrote that the end of this week will make a very important point. Consider, in addition, that a lot of people making this travel were not exactly really smart, so some of them kept on going for shopping, pharmacies and it was estimated that 15% of people moving could have potentially had at least 1 symptom.

Edited by AlFHg

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The question is: is that something that will be received as a "fuck you!" or as a "finally"?

the key word is eurobond*, no for "fuck you" and yes for "finally"

*shared deficit, I don't know how it is defined outside Italy

Edited by AlFHg

2 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Mainly three factors should be considered:

1) especially in Lombardy, a lot of people kept on reuniting and considering the jobs considered as essentials, in practice nealry half of the people living there kept a "normal life" -> go to job, stay in close contact etc;

2) it seems like, especially in Lombardy which is responsible for 2/3 of daily cases, that there's something wrong in the hospitals, I mean: it seems like that it is spreading through the hospitals, as it started in practice;

3) as I wrote before on the forum, on 9th March restrictions started to happen and in that day (and the next weekend) a lot of people travelled from the North to the South of Italy. Considering a median value of incubation time of 14 days, plus 3-4 days for relatively severe symptoms to appear, you reach more or less 26th March and I already wrote that the end of this week will make a very important point. Consider, in addition, that a lot of people making this travel were not exactly really smart, so some of them kept on going for shopping, pharmacies and it was estimated that 15% of people moving could have potentially had at least 1 symptom.

Yeah I remember the images of that day/night when half of Lombardy seemed to move south suddenly...although I'm surprised the non-Lombardy part of Italy is not a bigger part of the numbers because of this by now. Thanks, hopefully these numbers keep going down and go down quickly...

Apart from patients themselves, healthcare workers really could use some air by now..

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I remember the images of that day/night when half of Lombardy seemed to move south suddenly...although I'm surprised the non-Lombardy part of Italy is not a bigger part of the numbers because of this by now. Thanks, hopefully these numbers keep going down and go down quickly...

Apart from patients themselves, healthcare workers really could use some air by now..

Because luckily not everyone living in South Italy is stupid, plus limitations were immediately started to be respected in a lot of places through the whole country, so in South we had time to get prepared. Plus, and I am speaking for my region, the treatment with tocilizumab helped in making a faster exchange on intensive care patients. This is particularly important because each day you can retard saturation of intensive care, is a week less of lasting of the spreading