website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

As someone who lives is similarly unaffordable state/country, I can say with absolute certainty that hosing prices will kill you before Covid-19 can :p

Yeah from the stories I’ve heard, if you’ve been exposed to someone who has the virus, it’s almost guaranteed you’ll catch. Luckily your young(ish) and presumably healthy, so the statistics are much in your favor. Plus, you can live your life with a lot less fear than the rest of us once this is over for you :d

Hahaha, that's true. And nobody likes to rent out a place to two friends in their 20s, afraid that we might break down the whole place, so it was one nightmare to find a place here when we had to leave our previous home.

Yeah, I thought by taking good precautions, it was possible to at least delay it by a couple of days, but as most symptoms become apparent after day 4 or day 5, I most likely got infected within the first 24 hours. But hey, as you said, no need to worry anymore about getting it.

As I said, for me it was not bad at all. It felt like a regular flu to me which I had last February. So if any of you happen to get infected, I hope your symptoms will be as mild as they were for me.

3 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Once you are infected from virus and then recover you don't get that again is it something like that or the immune kills it. 

Well the data is still unclear on this virus, but that is how many viruses work. I’m probably not qualified to explain this, but maybe @ChandlerMne could give a simple explanation if he has some time.

I believe it has to do with anti-bodies, which is the same stuff scientists use to create vaccines.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

President of the Republic Kais Saied had a telephone conversation with Italian President Sergio Matterella, in which they examined the health situation in Italy and Tunisia, and the world.

The President of the Republic declared Tunisia’s readiness to dispatch a medical commission to assist the efforts of the Italian authorities, despite the modest means available in Tunisia because today situation concerns not only one country but the entire globe. The Italian President reiterated his thanks to Tunisia and its people for this noble stance.

17 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I guess the immunity recognizes the antigen (virus) to produce the antibodies . 

It may be, or may be not: it is not uncommon to see people taking flu or influenza more than once in a month or two. Hopefully immunity will be kept, but that is not 100% sure.

However, it seems like that the drug being used to treat symptoms (lungs inflammation) is working: today, 4 other patients have gotten better and it is expected that tomorrow they will leave intensive care.

Health ministry here said from today they are not going to announce the number of infected/deaths province by province, it will be only the total number, because they think those numbers gave some people wrong idea about some places are "safer" and therefore we have lots of travels to those cities ! :facepalm: according to health ministry ,nowhere is actually "safe" some provinces are reporting less numbers mostly because they are not doing a good job testing people.

personally I think this is a terrible idea, I prefer to know the situation in my town, :wall: I understand why a complete lockdown is not possible here, but still they can block the roads, that's what they were supposed to do 2 weeks ago. but only happened for few cities.

according to officials, 8.5 million people traveled outside of their town in new year holidays (in past 5 days) :facepalm: while at least the numbers were steady here in past 10 days we are expected to see a new wave of coronavirus in next 2 weeks. :( and with more doctors and nurses are getting infected themselves and hospitals are still full with current patients, things don't look good.