website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Definitely not. Anyway I hope total lockdowns stay far away from here, it's really the last thing we need to try and fight this. I don't think we've seen total lockdowns anywhere yet btw, or maybe Wuhan? I missed whether or not literally everything (including supermarkets) is closed in Lombard.,

no, here supermarkets, pharmacies, newsstands are still allowed to open...

actually, they've been asked to keep open even longer than usual, so keep people waiting for their turn to buy things at minimum and avoid them making groups just outside the buildings...

also all "strategic" industries will still be open (all those involved in the food or medical supply chain, for instance)...

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Definitely not. Anyway I hope total lockdowns stay far away from here, it's really the last thing we need to try and fight this. I don't think we've seen total lockdowns anywhere yet btw, or maybe Wuhan? I missed whether or not literally everything (including supermarkets) is closed in Lombard.,

A total lockdown like in Wuhan is impossible here in Europe, not just because for different political views, opportunities, culture (call it as you like it), but especially because Europe is small, geographically speaking. You can't close half a country and expect the other half to support it, especially in Italy where the richest part was hit by the virus. In China, Hubei was closed, but it was equivalent to a small part of a whole country.

This is something that somebody, at least here in Italy, doesn't want to understand.

Something you don´t see often I guess...

Slovak citizens living in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium who asked our government to return home, officially : because "they do not feel safe in these countries actually and prefer stay in Slovakia" were repatriated by the state to Slovakia in the past hours by special buses and are placed in mandatory 14 days quarantine where they will wait for tests

and now the thing..

in these 3 special hotels in the Tatras (belonging to the state) !!! They will pay only 13 euros for daily meals everything else is for free !.:lol:  Anyone who will have a negative test will be send to home quarantine

TV news Video shot here https://www.ta3.com/clanok/1179087/repatrianti-zaplnaju-karantenne-zariadenia-su-aj-vo-vysokych-tatrach.html

6189998_1200x.jpeg?rev=3

image.png

image.png

image.png

This disaster started in Iran and Italy almost at the same time, (probably a bit sooner in Iran) and both countries have almost the same population and the numbers were more or less the same until few days ago , since then it's increasing in a very scary way in Italy while they are steady here ! for this reason I see so many people here question the numbers coming out of health ministry, even though I still see no reason for coverup while every minute you see someone on TV begging people to stay at home and telling people a catastrophe is awaiting for us if people don't listen, but I also can't find a reason explaining this. :mumble: because I'm 100% sure the Iranian government didn't handle it better than the Italians, that's simply impossible. it's just hard to be worse than officials here. I also know our health system and our doctors are probably the best in the region but still not better than Europe.

so the question remains, if we believe the numbers, what's the reason ? actually I'm not talking about the number of infected people.  that's somehow irrelevant, countries have different policies, in some places they test everybody, but for example in Iran, the number of test they can do per day is limited. therefore they don't test everybody. I'm mostly talking about the number of deaths. I know we have a younger population, probably much younger, but is that enough to explain this huge difference ?

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Something you don´t see often I guess...

Slovak citizens living in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium who asked our government to return home, officially : because "they do not feel safe in these countries actually and prefer stay in Slovakia" were repatriated by the state to Slovakia in the past hours by special buses and are placed in mandatory 14 days quarantine where they will wait for tests

and now the thing..

in these 3 special hotels in the Tatras (belonging to the state) !!! They will pay only 13 euros for daily meals everything else is for free !.:lol:  Anyone who will have a negative test will be send to home quarantine

TV news Video shot here https://www.ta3.com/clanok/1179087/repatrianti-zaplnaju-karantenne-zariadenia-su-aj-vo-vysokych-tatrach.html

Funny how things are different, I would so much rather be here than there (or in Belgium, where also everything is basically closed down and one is basically not allowed to go outside), but I can definitely understand wanting to go to your home country :p 

This story reminds me of some Dutch tourists I heard about in the Philipines, who were travelling around and they were there when the shit hit the fan. They happened to be close to a private island tourists can rent (for quite a high price), with every luxury you can wish for and good meals being cooked by the local chef and so on. No tourists were there because of this....so they were offered a stay there for maybe 5% of the normal price, only a few euros per week :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tomorrow we will start a bigger 'work from home' movement as requested by the government. This time certain business district will have limited business time and police will patrol from time to time in order to disperse 'suspicious crowds' and catching students who are secretly hanging out. Some business owners decided to close for a few days, while others refused to abide by the rules stating that this is their only source of income. Traditional markets will be disinfected according to a set schedule, with hoaxes about locking down a whole district near the markets spreading like wildfire (which made people furious since no way the government will provide rationed food like Vietnam during lockdown).

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Funny how things are different, I would so much rather be here than there (or in Belgium, where also everything is basically closed down and one is basically not allowed to go outside), but I can definitely understand wanting to go to your home country :p 

This story reminds me of some Dutch tourists I heard about in the Philipines, who were travelling around and they were there when the shit hit the fan. They happened to be close to a private island tourists can rent (for quite a high price), with every luxury you can wish for and good meals being cooked by the local chef and so on. No tourists were there because of this....so they were offered a stay there for maybe 5% of the normal price, only a few euros per week :cheer: 

Well that varies individually from case to case obviously.

I saw many peoples saying they want to return home, because in the country they are working, studying etc...nothing (or very few basic regulations) is done and they don´t feel safe

like this student who said the locals don´t take it seriously, even the students had to force the closure of the school only by petition. He experienced his first real epidemiologic control only at the Austrian-Slovak border

https://www.webnoviny.sk/slovensky-student-v-holandsku-holandania-na-to-kaslu-zatvorenie-skoly-sme-si-museli-vynutit-peticiou/

but there obviously also peoples that still want to stay in the Netherlands like this grl (Scroll down until - Veronika, Groningen (Holandsko))

https://pelipecky.sk/slovaci-v-zahranici-koronavirus-rozhovor/

She is living 8 months in :NED and first time she even heard that it may be something big and dangerous was when she arrived to Slovakia for the last elections 29th February, until then there were almost no mention about it in the Netherlands. and still no one is panicking there and any radical measures are not considered - for now, but she added, this is pretty normal, as she knows the dutch peoples, they are too calm peoples who will not stop to go to restaurants or pizzerias in the town even if a genocide will start there :p)

and she said she will stay in Groningen especially because she got a job offer in Amsterdam where she will move in May 

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well that varies individually from case to case obviously.

I saw many peoples saying they want to return home, because in the country they are working, studying etc...nothing (or very few basic regulations) is done and they don´t feel safe

like this student who said the locals don´t take it seriously, even the students had to force the closure of the school only by petition. He experienced his first real epidemiologic control only at the Austrian-Slovak border

https://www.webnoviny.sk/slovensky-student-v-holandsku-holandania-na-to-kaslu-zatvorenie-skoly-sme-si-museli-vynutit-peticiou/

but there obviously also peoples that still want to stay in the Netherlands like this grl (Scroll down until - Veronika, Groningen (Holandsko))

https://pelipecky.sk/slovaci-v-zahranici-koronavirus-rozhovor/

She is living 8 months in :NED and first time she even heard that it may be something big and dangerous was when she arrived to Slovakia for the last elections 29th February, until then there were almost no mention about it in the Netherlands. and still no one is panicking there and any radical measures are not considered - for now, but she added, this is pretty normal, as she knows the dutch peoples, they are too calm peoples who will not stop to go to restaurants or pizzerias in the town even if a genocide will start there :p)

and she said she will stay in Groningen especially because she got a job offer in Amsterdam where she will move in May 

She might not have been paying very much attention most likely, because it was absolutely mentioned quite a lot before 29 February or so :d 

Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Good chance the countries with the tighest regulations right now are the ones in the biggest trouble in a few months..(of course I hope the experts are wrong about that and no other country will get hit hard..)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Good chance the countries with the tighest regulations right now are the ones in the biggest trouble in a few months..

The regulations were made to slow down the spread of the virus.

Keep in mind we are a small country and our capcities are very limited.

our chances of fighting with such pandemic like this one are basically around zero. we usually have to rely in many things on the help of other countries (allies or neighbors). but since our allies were this time affected by this pandemic as well and have their own problems, we had to do the only one thing we can to partially stop the spread and protect the population, as one of the very first countries in the continent we immediately closed borders, airports, banned international traffic, banned foreigners to enter the country, closed all schools, banned all religious and cultural events (masses, concerts), closed shops, ordered wearing protective masks etc ...

maaaan, without this. trust me we would be already done..no one would be able to control the situation anymore.

Obviously, nobody knows what will happen in a month or two..but the main goal was and is to slow down the current spread in the country