website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Are there any other users, who like me, are trying to avoid reading/listening/watching news about the Coronavirus?

From pretty early on in January (when like most people I didn't see it yet as a worldwide threat) I've been absolutely fascinated by it, and I still am. No avoiding anything here :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Unreal times we are living.

Scary video from the Capital of Slovakia Bratislava past Friday. Last work day of the week when usually hundreds of thousands peoples travels home from their work or go to spend the weekend somewhere, the day when the roads are crowded with cars...

but this Friday

Almost no movement, no sign of a single smal traffic jam. Empty street. minimum cars.

crazy, insane..

I saw some videos of Venice, where the nature is doing fantastic at the moment. The water looks beautiful and is filled to the brim with fish and other animals (like birds) close to it, it's like nature is taking an incredibly long-awaited chance where people aren't busy ruining their living environment 24/7..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

A aerial documentary shown the picture of Wuhan under and before the lockdown. 3:00-4:30 minutes shows the past situation, rest is under the current lockdown, you can distinguish by the tone of the music.

Is there an official date for the end of the lockdown ?

2 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Is there an official date for the end of the lockdown ?

Not an official date for Wuhan, but other cities in Hubei province except for Wuhan lift the restrictions gradually. And doctors from other provinces assisted Hubei went back to their home mostly. A positive signal is that government disinfected a major Wuhan train station yesterday. People think it's the signal that wuhan train station would be back to function soon. 

9 hours ago, up and down said:

Worrying as so many cases turning up. Truth is so many countries are not prepared to face this pandemic. Lack to early detection and lack of testing lead to this virus to spread out so fast. WHO have even predicted that big countries like Indonesia should have 600,000 - 700,000 by now but lacking of testing and awareness lead to many cases going undetected and no action taken.

not that Australia is seriously trying to avoid mass spreading of the virus...

https://video.repubblica.it/dossier/coronavirus-wuhan-2020/coronavirus-il-governo-dice-di-mantenere-le-distanze-ma-le-spiagge-di-sydney-sono-affollate/356479/357044?ref=RHPPRB-BS-I0-C4-P1-S1.4-T1

I mean, I know your beaches are among the most beautiful in the world, but at least for now a bit more discipline would be appreciated, I guess...

I normally expect pictures like ythis from the Italian, Spanish or South American people, not from your Countrymen...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

3 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Earthquake in Croatia, people supposed to stay at home due to coronavirus infection were forced to flee their homes.

yeah, and it was a real tough one...5.4 followed by another at 4.6, very early in the morning...

right now, they say there's 1 dead man and a few severely hurt people...

an entire palace in the city center went down and damages are consisted in the old historical part of the city...

the virus troubles were not enough...now also this disaster...Nature might be really angry for the lack of respect and the stupidity of human beings to hit that hard...

one last, but probably the most important thing to say...I feel very sorry for all our Croatian friends, especially those who we always read here on the forum @dcro @prso1000 @Crolympic @crovitlaci and all the others...:fingers:

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Are there any other users, who like me, are trying to avoid reading/listening/watching news about the Coronavirus? This doesn’t mean I’m not heeding warnings, or not listening to professional advice. It just means that I’m trying avoid news about the spread, severity, and state of Covid-19. For me, this has been a “ignorance is bliss” strategy for coping with what’s happening. I’m just curious how others a handling this.

Me.

I muted the related keywords on Twitter, read/see such stuff only when I want to (mostly the national/provincial government annoucements or the funny bits). Muted all my older relatives on WhatsApp (they keep sending me hoaxes and/or "how to prevent coronavirus"), scolded two of my friends who live in Singapore to stop updating ferociously like they are 24H news channel, and make sure my mother report to me if one of our relatives try to influence her to do this/that about coronavirus.

Fighting people's reaction to the virus are harder than the virus itself :p