website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

The only positive I see currently is that far East as a region has really tapered the outbreak..... Around 140 fresh cases reported till now today ( I think given the time difference this is it for the day) in China + S Korea + Japan.....  Which is remarkable as they were doing around 4000 cases daily themselves.... 

The problem is that Western Europe has started reporting those kind of numbers now.... If it can be controlled there we can taper Carona 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

23 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

The only positive I see currently is that far East as a region has really tapered the outbreak..... Around 140 fresh cases reported till now today ( I think given the time difference this is it for the day) in China + S Korea + Japan.....  Which is remarkable as they were doing around 4000 cases daily themselves.... 

The problem is that Western Europe has started reporting those kind of numbers now.... If it can be controlled there we can taper Carona 

I think people in East Asia are naturally disciplined , when they told to not do certain things, they simply listen to those advises .

but I don't think you can say the same about the rest of the world. speaking of my own country, I can say maybe something like 60% are taking it seriously but still one reckless person in a family is enough . we are getting close to the "new year " and people can't change their hobbit of shopping and "having fun" these days.

Edited by MHSN

59 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think people in East Asia are naturally disciplined , when they told to not do certain things, they simply listen to those advises .

but I don't think you can say the same about the rest of the world. speaking of my own country, I can say maybe something like 60% are taking it seriously but still one reckless person in a family is enough . we are getting close to the "new year " and people can't change their hobbit of shopping and "having fun" these daya

Yes iran is kind of just keep on going on corona

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

First death in Algeria. Should we be worried...?

Gubay 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Events with 100+ people cancelled, I'm now in a completely full train with hundreds, RIP :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:CZE closed boarders with :GER  and :AUT

The government of :CZE has declared the emergency state of your coronavirus in the Czech Republic since 2pm on Thursday. Forbidden events with friends over 30 and forbidden entrances to the restaurant from 8pm to 6am. It restricted access to the Czech Republic for foreigners and banned Czech citizens from entering risky countries. The measures should apply for a period of 30 days.

109 people confirmed, 0 people dead…

We have one of the strictest restrictions in Europe.

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

New radical measures added after todays special crisis meeting to the already existing 14 days bans of all sports, cultural, social and religious events in the country

All Schools and international airports will be closed, compulsory quarantine for anyone coming from the risk area

All three international airports in the country will be closed, No single plane will be allowed to go or land at our 3 International Airports in Bratislava, Košice and Poprad.

Borders Checks will be reinstaled in place at border crossing points with :AUT:HUN  :UKR:POL and :CZE with only the large border crossing points open, the smaller crossing borders will be closed. International transport will stop to and from the country except for supply.

National trains in the country will operate in holiday mode.

The crisis team has also decided on mandatory 14 days quarantine for anyone arriving in Slovakia from a risk area. Until now, quarantine has been mandatory only for travelers from Italy, China, Iran and South Korea.

From Monday morning all schools and school facilities (without exceptions) will be closed all over in the country. The country will also close all social and cultural facilities, bars, restaurants :yikes:, ski resorts and wellness centers and aquaparks.

The Operation of shopping centers will be limited, with only foodstuff, medicines and drugstores can be bought over the weekend.

Since this morning the country is under state of emergency.

Source in SVK https://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/772076/koronavirus-skoly-aj-letiska-zatvoria-povinna-karantena-bude-pre-kazdeho-kto-pride-z-rizikovej-oblasti/

16 Confirmed cases so far (Already +6 Today !!!)

+5 Slovaks (+1 today, 1 woman)  in Austria

+2 Slovaks in Bali

Update ! 5 new cases only this afternoon :cry:

so we are now at 21 Confirmed cases (+11 Today !)

+5 Slovaks (+1 today, 1 woman)  in Austria

+2 Slovaks in Bali

The authorities announced that altogether with all the currently approved measures and regulations they added that no foreigner will be admitted to the territory of slovakia ! Only Slovak citizens and people with permanent or temporary approved residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic will be allowed to enter into the country.

Total isolation...whatever will UEFA decide, it is already sure that the match :SVK vs :IRL can not be played in Slovakia the 26th March