website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Well. The official idea is that it's how we do in Denmark. But in reality it's a symbolic thing just to stop some people from becoming citizens, after having heard a story or two about people who don't want to shake hands with people of the opposite sex. So far one person hasn't been given citizenship due to this. Several places has given the chance to decide who's hand to shake (which of course some politicians wants to forbid (at this point, you may right about some people here, @Khadidja Aisha )).

It's purely symbolic to punch at people from other cultures.

Right. It's all a bit a matter of growing up, it seems, from both sides. Don't make such a fuss about shaking someone's hand since that is indeed the norm here - just like you and me would most likely at least try to adapt to norms in other cultures if we'd go there, no way I'd enter a religious building with my shoes on if the local norm is to take off your shoes - and don't make such a fuss about making it obligated. People need to chill it a bit, jeez.

Anyway, coronavirus. We're all going to die and such.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

and here we go...

our Government has just published a law that makes the whole North-Center of Italy a big Red Zone...

the entire Lombardy Region plus all the provinces of Asti, Alessandria (in Piedmont, right on the western border of Lombardy), Piacenza, Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena (Emilia Region, southern border of Lombardy) and most of the Veneto Region (Verona, Padua, Venice, Treviso provinces) are locked in and quarantined from today until the next April, 3rd (at least)...

no people are allowed to enter/exit from the area and basically, everything is going to get closed down/cancelled...every public event won't be held, all marriages and funerals are postponed, schools, churces, gyms, swimming pools, all leisure time places (cinemas, theatres, museums, discos, night clubs and similar) have been closed, only malls and supermarkets can be open, but only from Monday through Friday and only if they can ensure limited access so to keep the "safe distance" between the people inside (at least 1m distance between people inside the mall/supermarket and no people lining up at the exit when paying the bills)...

finally, most people have been asked to take advantage of their vacation days right now and stay home instead of going to work (only exception, doctors and medical staff, who, instead, can't take any break from their job until the emergency status is over)...

Edited by phelps

And Italy is a country that quarantained several (albeit small) places early on already. The Netherlands didn't do anything and only now is sort of warning people in one province to "stay home when having mild symptoms". I'd be surprised if we don't see Italy's current situation here in a few weeks.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And Italy is a country that quarantained several (albeit small) places early on already. The Netherlands didn't do anything and only now is sort of warning people in one province to "stay home when having mild symptoms". I'd be surprised if we don't see Italy's current situation here in a few weeks.

that's the main problem...the quarantined areas were too small...in Lombardy there are almost 10 million people in a few square Kms...it's obvious that the infection couldn't be kept within such small areas...

probably they should have closed down the entire Region since the beginning, but you know...Italy is the house of local and selfish interests and it's impossible to take reasonable decisions early, until the situation is out of control (like it is right now)...:facepalm:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

that's the main problem...the quarantined areas were too small...in Lombardy there are almost 10 million people in a few square Kms...it's obvious that the infection couldn't be kept within such small areas...

probably they should have closed down the entire Region since the beginning, but you know...Italy is the house of local and selfish interests and it's impossible to take reasonable decisions early, until the situation is out of control (like it is right now)...:facepalm:

To be fair, apart from places like China and North Korea, I think no country would basically completely lock down such huge areas that early. Which in this case might be a bit of a shame.

Has Italy stopped doping controls yet? If so, 30 gold medals incoming :evil: 

Edited by heywoodu

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, apart from places like China and North Korea, I think no country would basically completely lock down such huge areas that early. Which in this case might be a bit of a shame.

I know...

but this is the result...now we have to close even bigger areas than what it would need one month ago...

p.s. now I'm directly involved too...but I still hope the supermarkets in this part of Milan don't get empty with no real reason...:facepalm: