website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Second in-state case of the coronavrius in California. The patient had not been to any of the infected regions, nor had they been in contact with anyone known to have the disease. Health officials now believe the virus is being transmitted in California in situation similar to Italy, Korea, and Iran. 

As I said, my fears about the disease are still high, but it was inevitable this would happen. Now, I’ve just got to do my best to heed health warnings to avoid the disease. 

I still plan to attend the Pan American Championships tomorrow, so hopefully the event will still go forward. So far the cases have both been in Northern California, in some less dense populated areas. However, I fear it’s only a matter of time before it spreads to somewhere like LA, SF, Sacramento, etc.; and then we’re screwed and in it for the long haul.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 godzin temu, OlympicIRL napisał:

@rybak any update on the 3 Polish cases? They weren't confirmed?

No, those 3 cases as other 52 cases were just suspicions - according government and ministry of health. But I don't believe for this, as one hospital in Warsaw and one in Wrocław are closed for "visitors" due those suspected cases, in many pharmacies all masks are sold and in shops many people are making food supplies...

Now there’s a community case (meaning natural spread within the states) in Oregon. The patient recently visited an elementary school...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

We’re so fucked :facepalm:

Trump (and his allies) have labeled coronavrius as a “Democratic hoax” meant to bring down his first term. Trump has also appointed Mike Pence, a man known for his disbelief in science, as head of the United States response to the disease. It was nice knowing y’all. At least the Chinese and Iranian believe the disease is real.

Edited by Olympian1010

594 new cases today in South Korea (so far), together with Iran and possibly Italy definitely the most worrying spots on the globe at the moment..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Two suspected cases in Washington. Looks like it’s going be a long month here on the West Coast.

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Two suspected cases in Washington. Looks like it’s going be a long month here on the West Coast.

Not any different than the decent number of countries where it's already in a more advanced stage :p 

Join the club :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!