website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Not to worry, it's only 'below the rivers', where the people are Catholic and celebrate their weird carnival stuff for a week :p 

There is now even extra news reports on TV :lol: :facepalm: 

Weird carnaval?? It’s super cool!! :d

I went this year to the ones in Den Bosch and Breda, good thing I skipped Tilburg :p

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

Weird carnaval?? It’s super cool!! :d

I went this year to the ones in Den Bosch and Breda, good thing I skipped Tilburg :p

We, people from above the rivers, find it weird and - depending on how much we've got to do with them - rather annoying when people are basically 'gone' for a week :lol: Every single year.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 28/02/2020 at 10:38, heywoodu said:

We, people from above the rivers, find it weird and - depending on how much we've got to do with them - rather annoying when people are basically 'gone' for a week :lol: Every single year.

I live above the rivers (or at least some of the rivers haha) and here also no one celebrates carnaval. But i find it funny that they celebrate in the netherlands in a very similar way as portuguese celebrate, with parades of "cars" made by people and made with funny/mocking stuff, and with crappy carnaval music (we use the crappy music in the summer festivals though, carnaval we use brazilian music haha)

This is how it looks in the most traditional carnaval town in Portugal, for example

March1.png

26 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Coronavirus reached amsterdam, second case in NL.

Also my gf works in Picnic (online supermarket chain) and since yesterday they are having an unusual huge spike on demands for orders, specially on sanitary products...

People love a good panic.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

the minister of health unveiled a few minutes ago last todays update

127 tests were conducted in Slovakia so far, all of which were negatives.

As was presented yesterday from today, new rules apply at our airports. Every passenger who arrives to Slovakia must be and will be checked for health. There also controls on the border with Austria (Bratislava/Vienna are as you know the 2 closest capitals in the world)

He however also announced that The state has already a plan with 7700 prepared beds for the case of sudden epidemy of major infection. At the Ministry of Defense, they have also developed a reserve plan B project for the isolated placement of eventual patients in the Military training camp in Lešť with a immediate capacity of 2,500 beds. A quarantine plan shall be drawn up.