website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

Funny story, one of my friends comes from Kraljevica, and today I had a weird discussion with him where I tried to explain how his tiny town ended up in an internet contest.

Now I sort of know how @Werloc felt back in the day. Although my conversation thankfully wasn't nearly as awkward. :lol:

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Funny story, one of my friends comes from Kraljevica, and today I had a weird discussion with him where I tried to explain how his tiny town ended up in an internet contest.

Now I sort of know how @Werloc felt back in the day. Although my conversation thankfully wasn't nearly as awkward. :lol:

Yeah, explaining this contest to an outside source is a very traumatising experience, I still cringe to this day :lol:

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

Now I can never go back even if I actually try. 

In 2017 O: I wanted to experiment by throwing in older Lithuanian music, because I never went with our old music, since I felt that it wouldn't be received well. (was right)

In 2018 A: Went with a song that I really enjoyed that year, but knew that Saulės Kliošas was not very favoured to do well at TISC, seeing as they were the first Lithuanian entry back in 2013 and didn't do well.

In 2018 O: Went for my favourite childhood singer Jurga that I wanted to introduce for a long time. Had a hard time choosing the song of hers that I wanted to present, the one I chose had an English version as well, but I went with Lithuanian. 13th place at least I was close.

In 2019 A: Yolo'd with my own song, didn't think I'd be on the first side of the table, so that's nice.

In 2019 O: Went with a huge Baltic hit and wanted to show some of our indie rock scene as well and it went worse than anticipated.

This edition: I carefully tried to pick out a Jazzu song from her album and thought it was an easy top 10, joke's on me then :lol:

Thank you for your curse @Wanderer :hug:

2017O and 2019O are my favourite LTU entries <3 You would get twelve last year too but I Wanted To Be Adored instead :d 

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Another Kitoks Pasaulis and you'll be forgiven :evil:

Here you go, this is actually the FOJE song that reached the biggest commercial success in Lithuania.

It's 7 minutes long, so you could even say that I gave you two songs.

And if you need a translation, hit me up through private messages :d