website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

3 hours ago, konig said:

Im honest with you: i really dont understand any choose of the American jury since i participate in this contest.

Konig, we've competed in 14 contests. You should know you and I will never see eye to eye :lol:

But when we finally do, the whole world will end. Don't quote me on that

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

As I have said months ago, just be glad about that the US didn't pick Bad Guy or Old Town Road or a song from Lizzo or from Ariana Grande. 

What? 1. "Bad Guy" is great. / 2. I honestly believe it would have scored more points for USA.

But to each their own ofc

Just now, vinipereira said:

What? 1. "Bad Guy" is great. / 2. I honestly believe it would have scored more points for USA.

But to each their own ofc

I meant it like "be glad that the US didn't pick a song that would have had even more of an advantage than the Shawn Mendes song, and would have most likely won the contest with ease, making the final rather boring". 

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

I meant it like "be glad that the US didn't pick a song that would have had even more of an advantage than the Shawn Mendes song, and would have most likely won the contest with ease, making the final rather boring". 

Oh I get now, but I seriously don't believe Old Town Road or any Lizzo song would get many points either. "Bad Guy" on the other hand was a worldwide hit and I think could get more votes that the Charlie Puth entry.

5 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Well, there's always enough of a crowd that don't vote for songs such as that simply based on principle. 

Billie would probably not be any lower than 3rd, but might face the same antagonisation that Shawn faced today and some other artists in previous contests :p

We're in this cycle of "Why can't UK and USA send their best representatives" and then we don't vote for them, because it's "unfair" for smaller countries that can't present a global artist or it's overplayed on the radio etc.

Totallympics is fairly indecisive in this regard, because some global artists slipped through without any fuss and even won contests, so you actually never know how everyone is going to react in that particular year.

37 minutes ago, Vektor said:

As I have said months ago, just be glad about that the US didn't pick Bad Guy or Old Town Road or a song from Lizzo or from Ariana Grande. 

Which is what we will do from now on since that’s a winning formula.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

And The Stone Roses got 12 from me even thou they are really well... well known. But then again, there was @vovanA's legendary song: Pesnya O Tom Kak Gus Nashel Omlet which also got 12 from me... I want to believe people here vote on quality and preference, not on that whether the song/artist is famous or not. Also, I hope language is not a barier. Lithuania's Kitoks Pasaulis is something I will never forget, I sing that song in Lithuanian and but Werlocs provided translation which made the song even more perfect for me. I gave French song 12, lyrics are not something "wow" but all together made perfect combination to my senses...