website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

Opening Act

Croatia2020.png

Seats are getting filled, performers are warming up, anticipation is at its high...

But wait a minute... Turns out @bestmen was right all along! :yikes:

It's not UFO. It's not Coronavirus. It is Planet X!

And it is about to collide with Earth!! :hairpull:

BT1L2mU.png

Well, that is some rotten luck right there. But like we say in showbiz - The Show Must Go On.

And indeed, upon taking over the hosting duties on record-short notice, and during the COVID-19 pandemic at that, we found ourselves dealing with seemingly an impossible task. We had our work cut out and we had to compromise. Nevertheless, it is such an honour to play host to all of you, and I do hope you enjoy the show!

Performing the Opening Act are 2CELLOS. This talented musical duo consists of Stjepan Hauser and Luka Šulić. Like any good success story, they started small, but then a video of their Smooth Criminal cover went viral and brought them global recognition. Tonight, they will quite appropriately perform a cover of Queen's The Show Must Go On.

2CELLOS... Remember that name. We may just meet them again sometime...

#banbestmen

Finally I can say it... This video has been creeping me out.

I pretty much had it in mind for the ceremony since my first bid years ago, and now it gets to be played during a pandemic and just after the Zagreb earthquake... And I wasn't even supposed to host this edition. :yikes::hairpull:

#banbestmen

Can anyone else see the video? The American jury seems to have a glitch on our screens...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Can anyone else see the video? The American jury seems to have a glitch on our screens...

Nvm.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Parade of Nations

Ladies and gentlemen, we are honored to present the nations of the Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020.

Coming from six continents, dignitaries from a total of 38 nations have gathered in Croatia. Israel is making their debut, while Bulgaria, Germany, Iran, Ukraine and Uruguay are returning after missing one or more recent editions.

Parade of Nations will be divided into three segments. Each segment will be accompanied by traditional folk songs and dances from various regions of Croatia...

:ITA :MDA :UKR    
  :FRA :TUN :HUN :GRE :NZL  
:GER :IRI :MLT :POR :MEX :KAZ :SVK
:CAN :NED :BRA :URU :AUS :CHN :INA
:BUL :NOR :SRB :LTU :USA :IND :ISR
  :ROU :IRL :SWE :DEN :SLO  
    :ARG :ESP :POL    

#banbestmen