website statistics

Boxing IOC African Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

All these 'robberies' :yikes: Where can I rewatch this event? I've gotten curious now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

All these 'robberies' :yikes: Where can I rewatch this event? I've gotten curious now :d 

unfortunately there's no chance to rewatch the events (they are live on the Olympic Channel...the last session of finals is today @ 5 p.m. CET)...

you can only watch the post-session show with highlights and commentaries, here:

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/post-show-day-8-olympic-boxing-qualification-2020-dakar/

p.s. during yesterday's broadcast also the English language commentators were stunned and talked of "definitely wrong decision" for the 2 box-off fights we also showed full disrespect of...

Edited by phelps

African Qualification Tournament

Boxers qualified to the Olympic Games

women's Flyweights (48kg-51kg)
:MAR Rabab Cheddar
:ALG Roumaysa Boualam
:KEN Christine Ongare

women's Featherweights (54kg-57kg)
:TUN Khouloud Hlimi Ep Moulahi
:BOT Sadie Kenosi Keamogetse

women's Lightweights (57kg-60kg)
:ALG Imane Khelif
:TUN Mariem Homrani Ep Zayani

women's Welterweights (64kg-69kg)
:MAR Oumayma Bel Ahbib
:MOZ Helena Panguana Acinda

women's Middleweights (69kg-75kg)
:MAR Khadija Mardi
:MOZ Adosinda Gramane Rady

men's Flyweights (48kg-52kg)
:ALG Mohamed Flissi
:ZAM Patrick Chinyemba
:GHA Tetteh Sulemanu

men's Featherweights (52kg-57kg)
:ZAM Everisto Mulenga
:KEN Nicholas Okongo Okoth
:GHA Samuel Takyi

men's Lightweights (57kg-63kg)
:NAM Jonas Jonas
:MRI Louis Richarno Colin
:MAR Abdelaq Nadir

men's Welterweights (63kg-69kg)
:CMR Albert Mengue Ayissi
:ZAM Stephen Zimba
:UGA Shadiri Bwogi

men's Middleweights (69kg-75kg)
:ALG Younes Nemouchi
:COD David Tshama
:CMR Dieudonne Seyi Ntsengue

men's Light Heavyweights (75kg-81kg)
:EGY Abdelrahman Salah Orabi Abdelgawwad
:ALG Mohammed Houmri
:MAR Mohamed Assaghir

men's Heavyweights (81kg-91kg)
:MAR Youness Baalla
:ALG Abdelhafid Benchabla

men's Super Heavyweights (+91kg)
:CMR Maxime Yegnong Njieyo
:ALG Chouaib Bouloudinats

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm often critical about every other fight being called a robbery, but god damn Mulumba :COD got robbed big time :yikes: 

The judge who went 9-8 Nadir in the second round...in which Nadir was very clearly being punched around and got a point deducted, what the hell :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Now I've also watched the 75kg box-off between Ssemujji of Uganda and Ntsengue of Cameroon....way, way less of a robbery in my opinion. I gave Ntsengue the first round myself and Ssemujju the third round, but the second one really was a coin-flip. Personally I'd have given it to Ssemujju, but I can see how someone would go for Ntsengue.