website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Now it's official! Sainz, welcome in the best team of the world :cheer:

Mercedes wants to have a word with you.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Sainz isn't as talented as his father, never impressed me to be honest. Don't think Ferrari made the right decision here. 

If they're looking for the new Barrichello, that's the absolutely right decision though.

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Sainz isn't as talented as his father, never impressed me to be honest. Don't think Ferrari made the right decision here. 

Sort of hard to compare junior and senior, seeing as rally and track is rather different..

I'm more than willing to give Sainz the benefit of the doubt. You're not ending up 6th in the world championship without some form of decent talent if you're not in a Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull. Plus, beating out Norris quite comfortably is simply really good, there is not much doubt among experts about Norris being a top level driver.

Of course it is always hard to judge who is good and who's less good when there's big differences between cars. Is Bottas really good? Or is he just where he is because his car happens to be good? I really don't think the current six drivers that make up the top-3 teams are the six best drivers on the current grid.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Green light for F1 to start in Austria :cheer:

https://www.apa.at/Site/News.de.html?id=6654827946

The Austrian Ministry of Health has confirmed this Saturday that the two races scheduled to be held, July 5 and 12, meet the current requirements.

The races will of course be held without any spectators. 

7 hours ago, Wumo said:

Green light for F1 to start in Austria :cheer:

https://www.apa.at/Site/News.de.html?id=6654827946

The Austrian Ministry of Health has confirmed this Saturday that the two races scheduled to be held, July 5 and 12, meet the current requirements.

The races will of course be held without any spectators. 

Probably this is the Austrian media report carried then in Hungarian sports press which says Hungarian GP will be immediately after the Austrian one, instead of late July/early August

What I read, the European calendar will be made public next week, the 1/2 of June

Fingers crossed that the Covid situation does not deteriorate between now and July... :pope:

F1 has confirmed the 2020 season will begin in Austria next month – and revealed details on the first eight races of a new calendar.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.f1-confirms-first-8-races-of-revised-2020-calendar-starting-with-austria.36X98qZnFFhNxQ8O2WdCON.html

The season will kick off with the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring on July 5, followed a week later by a second race at the same track.

The Hungarian Grand Prix will follow a week after that, before a break. Then there will be two back to back races at Silverstone, followed by the Spanish Grand Prix at Barcelona.

The Belgian Grand Prix will follow that, with the Italian Grand Prix at Monza a week later on September 6.

All the races will be supported by Formula 2 and Formula 3.

Current 2020 F1 Calendar:

Spoiler

Updated 2020 calendar graphic

The potential bullshit about reversed grid races is not even mentioned I believe? That's a relief :p