website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

9 hours ago, thepharoah said:

he has nothing to add to his career really and it was much better if they hired a young driver 

They could have taken a bit of time to see the young drivers develop, but for now I can understand they choose a veteran like Alonso - who has proven himself quite often - to join the young driver they already have for next year.

As for Alonso: it's all about what he wants :p Maybe he doesn't want to specifically 'add' something to his career, but he just wants to race at F1 level, who are we to say he shouldn't? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

They could have taken a bit of time to see the young drivers develop, but for now I can understand they choose a veteran like Alonso - who has proven himself quite often - to join the young driver they already have for next year.

As for Alonso: it's all about what he wants :p Maybe he doesn't want to specifically 'add' something to his career, but he just wants to race at F1 level, who are we to say he shouldn't? :d 

Well everybody has the right to choose what he wants , i only blame Renault for this :D and Alonso just want to add some money to his bank account :d

8 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Well everybody has the right to choose what he wants , i only blame Renault for this :D and Alonso just want to add some money to his bank account :d

And enjoy himself, I know I would if I had the chance :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 08/07/2020 at 00:03, thepharoah said:

he has nothing to add to his career really and it was much better if they hired a young driver 

They need a veteran driver who can help them with car development with rules change on the horizon. Ocon ain't that guy.

52 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Mugello is Imola & Catalunya on steroids. F1 racing there will be awful unless there is some overtaking at San Donato. Other than that it's impossible with all these chicanes.

4 DRS Zones might be not enough for Mugello.

I'm starting to think FIA released the virus, just so it would lead to their wet dream of Ferrari having it's 1000th GP at literally their own track :p 

FIA/Liberty even either gave it or accepted 'Ferrari 1000' in the official name of the GP :rofl: 

40 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Better classic Mugello than some other fantasy track from the last 5-6 years. Still dreaming of the return of Imola, Hockenheim, Nürburgring

Imola? WTF? This track has lost its soul with all the chicanes. Catalunya is the last relict still on the calendar and even all the new Tilkedromes avoid those sweeping bends and fast chicanes that simply prevent overtaking by default. Imola was a great track in the 80s and early 90s but it died the day Ayrton Senna was killed.

Does anyone even remember those horrible artificial chicanes at Silverstone or Spa in 1994-95 they introduced in wake of Senna's death? That was a completely wrong solution as well.

The old Hockenheim died in 2001 as well. I never liked the modern version and the fact they abandoned the long straights in the woods. This new layout has no soul either.