website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

9 hours ago, Vektor said:

I just saw the incident. Massive kudos to all the people who pushed for safety regulations over the decades, they definitely saved a driver today. 

Good that van der Merwe is paid for parking instead of racing.

If someone doesn't know the story - that's what Lauda said asked why he hadn't helped Williamson in Zandvoort. Three years later... well, that's a story you probably know.

48 minutes ago, vlad said:

who cares anyway?

F1 stewards have given penalties for less.

Spoiler

Obviously it was a joke, longer after he had already gotten out and was clearly alright apart from some relatively minor damage.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minutes ago, vlad said:

That wall needs to be changed. I don't see the reason of that wall there. It's very close to the track. 

I'm curious why the barrier that came after that wasn't just made longer. Of course it's easy to say that now, but why have this diagonal thing there anyway?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

F1 stewards have given penalties for less.

Reveal hidden contents

I know. No doubts that Grosjean will be penalized for that but I'm talking about the situation here, and the fact that Grosjean is safe is more important than any other things in this case. I don't think Haas cares about the fines in this situation.

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm curious why the barrier that came after that wasn't just made longer. Of course it's easy to say that now, but why have this diagonal thing there anyway?

Yeah, I have the same question. Probably the stewards will change something regarding that barrier.

16 minutes ago, vlad said:

I know. No doubts that Grosjean will be penalized for that but I'm talking about the situation here, and the fact that Grosjean is safe is more important than any other things in this case. I don't think Haas cares about the fines in this situation.

Of course they don't :d And no way Grosjean will be penalized for not putting his steering wheel back, a steward who decides that can go and get himself a different job the same day.