website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, it seems like Vettel is well on his way to join Racing Point next season then.

As for Perez, well, I wonder what Williams does? Can the Mexican backers (Telmex) outbid Latifi?

As we're talking about one of the biggest companies in the country, which is part of probably the biggest conglomerate in Latin America, they can.

As if they're willing is another story

12 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

As we're talking about one of the biggest companies in the country, which is part of probably the biggest conglomerate in Latin America, they can.

As if they're willing is another story

Yeah, I know Telmex has pulled the plug on some other racing committements in the last few years but it's still F1. If Perez is dropped from the grid I suppose the Mexican Grand Prix would in grave danger to be dropped as well?

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, I know Telmex has pulled the plug on some other racing committements in the last few years but it's still F1. If Perez is dropped from the grid I suppose the Mexican Grand Prix would in grave danger to be dropped as well?

This will depend on the current populist shitty dictatorship in power. If they and the Mexican Army can get part of the booty of the Grand Prix, it will stay.

28 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

This will depend on the current populist shitty dictatorship in power. If they and the Mexican Army can get part of the booty of the Grand Prix, it will stay.

I'm not into Mexican politics, isn't Telmex big enough that anyone in political power considers them acceptable? I mean, you're not driving the drug cartels out of business so what's the point of making more enemies?

23 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I'm not into Mexican politics, isn't Telmex big enough that anyone in political power considers them acceptable? I mean, you're not driving the drug cartels out of business so what's the point of making more enemies?

Well, problem is these crooks are basically interested in having the bigger slice; they already threatened to cancel the event as soon as they won the elections back in 2018; however they got their share, and despite previously said the event was for the neo liberals, decided to support it.

I'm guessing Telmex might still organize the race thing if:

1. they determine Mexican fans are willing to spend as much as they have, even if Perez is not in the circuit anymore, which is very likely.
  2. the current government keep their current monetary demands on "friendly" terms.