website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

If I am not mistaken, the 2013 Australian GP was the last time a constructor outside the usual Top3 (Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull) won a GP, Raikkonen with the Lotus. Which means that the Alpha Tauri is the 5th constructor to win a GP in the current era. 

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

If I am not mistaken, the 2013 Australian GP was the last time a constructor outside the usual Top3 (Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull) won a GP, Raikkonen with the Lotus. Which means that the Alpha Tauri is the 5th constructor to win a GP in the current era. 

Oh wait, the current hybrid era started in 2014, not 2013. :d So the Alpha Tauri is the first constructor outside the Top3 to win a GP in the current era, they have done it before  Renault and McLaren. 

32 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

First time since 2012 Hungarian GP there is no Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari on the podium.

And even longer ago there was nobody of the 'main' teams on the podium, I assume (since McLaren was definitely still one of the big teams in 2012).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And even longer ago there was nobody of the 'main' teams on the podium, I assume (since McLaren was definitely still one of the big teams in 2012).

If you count 2009 Brawn GP as a 'main' team (it was a Honda buy-out after all) then you'll have to go back to 1999 season to find such results (of course I'm talking about the legendary European Grand Prix at Nurburgring).

50 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

If you count 2009 Brawn GP as a 'main' team (it was a Honda buy-out after all) then you'll have to go back to 1999 season to find such results (of course I'm talking about the legendary European Grand Prix at Nurburgring).

Pedro Diniz got a panic attack when he read this post :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!