website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

No offense to Yuji Ide's driving skills but Bernie Ecclestone is by far the worst thing that happened to F1 IMO.

I'd love to agree with you because he gives me the shivers, but in reality F1 would most likely have been long gone without Ecclestone and his deal-making.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, dcro said:

I was 11 at the time.

He entered like 4 races.

Nevertheless, I will always remember Yuji Ide and his driving. :lol:

So will Christijan Albers :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, the driving standards have improved somewhat in the 00s. Ide wasn't as much out of his depth as the likes of Deletraz or Taki Inoue 10 years earlier.

I mean, Taki Inoue had some Monty Python moments like getting run over by a medical car in Hungary and getting flipped over by the crane at Monaco too.

Japan has had some sketchy F1 drivers in the 80s and early 90s for sure.

Can't rewrite history. And to avoid cherry picking on Mercedes, we should call out Porsche and Volkswagen too. After all Ferdinand Porsche designed the Volkswagen Beetle on Hitler's request  :dunno: Not to mention all his other work with the fighter tanks & others. Funny how nobody remembers that.

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Well, the driving standards have improved somewhat in the 00s. Ide wasn't as much out of his depth as the likes of Deletraz or Taki Inoue 10 years earlier.

I mean, Taki Inoue had some Monty Python moments like getting run over by a medical car in Hungary and getting flipped over by the crane at Monaco too.

Japan has had some sketchy F1 drivers in the 80s and early 90s for sure.

Too bad nobody offered Lord Raghunathan a seat out of F2, he'd have made Inoue look like a triple world champion.