website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

Crap, Verstappen is now being moved to the much harder 2nd position. Terrible track to have the inside line in turn one :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think it has much to do with Hamilton himself. F1 was insanely boring for years during the Schumacher/Ferrari years for example, and it wasn't much better in the Vettel/Red Bull years. Same thing now with Hamilton/Mercedes, but saying a very good driver (because let's face it, he definitely is) is the worst thing to ever happen to a sport where legendary champions died behind the wheel is a bit...exaggerated.

Schumacher is infinitely more likeable and charismatic. He had a string of memorable rivalries for many years with just as exceptional and interesting drivers, which has been lacking in F1 in the last 7-8 years. He had the aura that made you believe he was the best. No one was talking about the car 15-20 years ago, like they do now. Everything about Hamilton's persona on and off the circuits is off-putting and the whole world, bar an island, is dreading the time when history will be disgraced..

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Schumacher is infinitely more likeable and charismatic. He had a string of memorable rivalries for many years with just as exceptional and interesting drivers, which has been lacking in F1 in the last 7-8 years. He had the aura that made you believe he was the best. No one was talking about the car 15-20 years ago, like they do now. Everything about Hamilton's persona on and off the circuits is off-putting and the whole world, bar an island, is dreading the time when history will be disgraced..

Nobody was talking about the car? I was 12-14 years old and we absolutely talked about how annoying it was for the Ferrari to be so much better and how useless it was to have Schumacher top all those record lists and how sad it was to have boring Schumacher be the number one instead of the way more likeable Barrichello. Yes, of course Schumacher was a great driver, so was Vettel, so is Hamilton.

Much like Schumacher, I do find him off-putting in general (although I still cheered for Hamilton in 2008).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Schumacher likeable? You sound like a Ferrari fan? Most of the neutral F1 world had enough of him sooner rather than later (which doesn't reflect respecting his driving skills).

David Coulthard would agree with me!

So, roughly 60/40 in terms of kneeling/not kneeling and it wasn't even during the anthem. All well, everyone was respectful and now it's on to the race.

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nobody was talking about the car? I was 12-14 years old and we absolutely talked about how annoying it was for the Ferrari to be so much better and how useless it was to have Schumacher top all those record lists and how sad it was to have boring Schumacher be the number one instead of the way more likeable Barrichello. Yes, of course Schumacher was a great driver, so was Vettel, so is Hamilton.

Much like Schumacher, I do find him off-putting in general (although I still cheered for Hamilton in 2008).

When he joined Ferrari they were no where near being the most dominating team. Williams and Mclaren were at the top for 15 years. He joined the underdog team and didn't waltz to the best like other people.. As time passes people tend to remember only the end, but his vision and dedication for the car turned the tides in F1. 

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

When he joined Ferrari they were no where near being the most dominating team. Williams and Mclaren were at the top for 15 years. He joined the underdog team and didn't waltz to the best like other people.. As time passes people tend to remember only the end, but his vision and dedication for the car turned the tides in F1. 

Mercedes was not much special with Rosberg and Schumacher...until Hamilton got there and they became the big team.