website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

And now it's clear: Leclerc > Vettel :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I'm curious to see who will replace him - as are most F1 fans of course :p 

My guess is that it won't be much of a specifically interesting name, just someone from the current grid, but it'd be awesome to see one of the Ferrari Driver Academy drivers take the seat. I know it most likely won't happen, but it'd be cool. Arthur Leclerc shows promise, but is too inexperienced for now, all of Giuliano Alesi's wins came in sprint races where he started 2nd or 3rd due to the top-8 of the feature races being reversed. Marcus Armstrong was impressive in F3, until suddenly teammate Mick Schumacher got a magic car and beat out everyone in the second half.

Enzo Fittipaldi has the talent, but not yet the experience. Callum Ilott is absolutely growing year after year and deserves to be in F1 at some point or another and the same goes for Robert Shwartzman, but I don't see a strong team promote someone straight from something below F2/GP2/F3000 to F1 except for a very, very special level of talents. Mick Schumacher at least has the name and sometimes the speed, but much like Luca Ghiotto he is not exactly a consistent driver.

Then again, this is all for nothing since it'll just be a current F1 driver :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm curious to see who will replace him - as are most F1 fans of course :p 

My guess is that it won't be much of a specifically interesting name, just someone from the current grid, but it'd be awesome to see one of the Ferrari Driver Academy drivers take the seat. I know it most likely won't happen, but it'd be cool. Arthur Leclerc shows promise, but is too inexperienced for now, all of Giuliano Alesi's wins came in sprint races where he started 2nd or 3rd due to the top-8 of the feature races being reversed. Marcus Armstrong was impressive in F3, until suddenly teammate Mick Schumacher got a magic car and beat out everyone in the second half.

Enzo Fittipaldi has the talent, but not yet the experience. Callum Ilott is absolutely growing year after year and deserves to be in F1 at some point or another and the same goes for Robert Shwartzman, but I don't see a strong team promote someone straight from something below F2/GP2/F3000 to F1 except for a very, very special level of talents. Mick Schumacher at least has the name and sometimes the speed, but much like Luca Ghiotto he is not exactly a consistent driver.

Then again, this is all for nothing since it'll just be a current F1 driver :p 

No way Ferrari puts anyone from F2 or their Academy straight into their F1 team. They like the guys to show their skills in one of the satellite teams. They can either bring Giovinazzi from Alfa Romeo or maybe Ricciardo who apparently is frustrated at Renault. Or perhaps Sainz from McLaren which would then allow Ricciardo to move in his place.

Thanks to his name Mick Schumacher will be in F1 sooner than later. Quite frankly I see him at Alfa Romeo as early as 2022 or maybe 2023 pending on the superlicense points.

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

No way Ferrari puts anyone from F2 or their Academy straight into their F1 team. They like the guys to show their skills in one of the satellite teams. They can either bring Giovinazzi from Alfa Romeo or maybe Ricciardo who apparently is frustrated at Renault. Or perhaps Sainz from McLaren which would then allow Ricciardo to move in his place.

Thanks to his name Mick Schumacher will be in F1 sooner than later. Quite frankly I see him at Alfa Romeo as early as 2022 or maybe 2023 pending on the superlicense points.

Exactly, like I said. Too bad, but especially Ricciardo would definitely not be a bad choice neither - and probably one of the most expected ones. Schumacher will get in F1 with help of his name, but if he can get more consistent, he'll actually deserve it as well.

Ricciardo is the only driver with an open contract this year too. I would be shocked if it’s not him.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I would choose Ricci to replace Vettel, just because he is more talented than any possible drivers named above. And I think Ferrari want an experienced driver especially they are hungry of trophies. But I'm curious where Vettel will go...:mumble:

After Brazil 2019 crash I'm surprised it will happen after "season 2020" (whatever, or in fact whether will it be). In fact, what Vettel did in Russia was even bigger "fuck you" shown to Charles.

Whom do I see in the second Ferrari? I'd have said Verstappen, but that would bring the second Prost-Senna-like battle, which I wouldn't really like. Giovinazzi - hell no! Both McLaren guys impressed me last year, so maybe one of them.

I don't believe in them thinking about Kubica anymore, although if they'd test him the result might surprise all of us.