website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS POLL] Contest Selection For March

Wumo

[PREDICTION CONTESTS POLL] Contest Selection For March  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Selecting prediction contest for March

• Short Track Speed Skating ISU World Championships 2020 (13-15 March)
    • Women's Curling WCF World Championship 2020 (14-22 March)
    • Figure Skating ISU World Championships 2020 (16-22 March)
    • Table Tennis ITTF World Team Championships 2020 (22-29 March)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:59 PM

Voted for the short track, didn't care enough about the others to fill in a checkbox :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Do we really need Table Tennis team Wch ? I mean there only 2 events M teams and W Teams and I can already predict that some 90% of the participants know already the medalists

I would have it like our football and other team sports prediction contests where users had to predict the matches. It would be like last year's ATP and WTA Finals where you had to predict the correct set/game score. I think the bigger question is if China or Hong Kong will be allowed to participate because of the whole coronavirus?

7 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I would have it like our football and other team sports prediction contests where users had to predict the matches. It would be like last year's ATP and WTA Finals where you had to predict the correct set/game score.

I see, that would be ofc better, but still looking at the schedlue there days when 2 different rounds are played, for example let say round 4 around 01:00 AM our time and 5th round around 10:30 our time on a normal working day (tuesday), that should be a bit of problem for many of the users, which is worth of consideration (same for Monday Round 2 and Round 3)

But yeah, I am fine with whatever you´ll organize. You are already doing a hell of amazing work here. :yes

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I see, that would be ofc better, but still looking at the schedlue there days when 2 different rounds are played, for example let say round 4 around 01:00 AM our time and 5th round around 10:30 our time on a normal working day (tuesday), that should be a bit of problem for many of the users, which is worth of consideration (same for Monday Round 2 and Round 3)

But yeah, I am fine with whatever you´ll organize. You are already doing a hell of amazing work here. :yes

Yeah, a tight schedule like this one is not the most optimal for participants or a prediction manager. But like many politicians do nowadays, you do whatever the people demands. Besides, I would like to save my "go-against-the-majority"-card for a later occasion. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement:

It has been announced the ITTF Table Tennis World Team Championships has been postponed to June 21-28 due to COVID-19. Therefore it will no longer be an option for the prediction contest of March. 

Edited by Wumo