website statistics

Luge FIL World Championships 2020

Gianlu33

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Sebastian Bley's hometown. :p

Same city as Langenhan, but still, how is 'Zool' (in English) so wrong? :d 

Unless he'd pronounce the Z as 'Ts' or something.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Great run for Pavlichenko and Aparjods just not doing anything weird and I'll be cheering :d 

svloBZt.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That's pretty terrible Semen.

Just now, dcro said:

Zemen Pavlichenko.

I guess all Russians must be from Königsberg. :lol:

Seriously though, Tim Singer might be messing up a little with names, at least whether he says Semen or Zemen Pavlichenko, you know who he means. The Dutch Eurosport commentator has pronounced his name like (among others) Pavlovich, Pavlich, Pavjonko, Seje Pavko and whatnot. I can honestly tell you we have nothing to complain about LugeAnnouncer once you've heard the Dutch commentator abuse literally every name in luge, from the slightly harder ones to the likes of Tucker West.

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Men´s Sprint

I nearly predicted this!

Yeah a Russian sweep is more than likely. If there's a chance for something else anywhere (besides a Russian missing the relay paddle) I guess it's in the men's competition, where Aravin and Gorbatcevich just aren't really good enough even on home ice, Repilov probably is (but, you know, that's only one person) and god knows what Janine Pavlichenkova does.